• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2022

46°F here in Vail.

PS: I moved again over the spring. Between Clearfield and Philipsburg. Someone posted about the seven microclimates between Harrisburg and Du Bois and my move, while only five miles away from where I was, was enough to go from one microclimate to the other. I'll be here for the next thirty winters so we'll see how it goes.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, canderson said:

When Sean Clifford throws a football he looks like he just wishes it goes well. 

This is an accurate assessment haha.  He is what he is at this point.  We know what we've got, for better or worse.  The smart money is on him getting hurt at some point during the season and the stud freshman from Ohio, Drew Allar (who is probably the best recruit of the Franklin era), taking the reins.  Not wishing that, just stating the likely reality.  Anyway, low of 56 here.  Beautiful day on tap.

1 minute ago, Atomixwx said:

46°F here in Vail.

PS: I moved again over the spring. Between Clearfield and Philipsburg. Someone posted about the seven microclimates between Harrisburg and Du Bois and my move, while only five miles away from where I was, was enough to go from one microclimate to the other. I'll be here for the next thirty winters so we'll see how it goes.

So tell us what we really want to know, have your snow chances gone up or down with the move? :D

So tell us what we really want to know, have your snow chances gone up or down with the move? 
I don't want to:

1) Jinx it, especially given the likely "triple-dip," I feel like it's either going to be gangbusters or nothing for probably everybody this time around

2) Count my lizard babies before they hatch: If I come on here Gronk-spiking the football on September 2 about my chances being better and nickle-and-dime my way to a 65" season only for February 2010 part 2 to occur in the LSV, I'm going to look like a real asshole.

3) Upset canderson: He seems to get on airplanes a lot. I don't want to upset him before he jet-sets off to Bratislava for a weekend excursion on one of those Viking River Cruises as it dredges up the soil of the drying-out Danube and cause him to want to end it by slamming said airplane into the side of the Carpathian mountains.

TL;DR: Board loudmouth moves to where it may snow more, low-key pounds his chest about it during late-summer, likely summons a winter torch.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

46°F here in Vail.

How’s the little one? 

Same for you @Mount Joy Snowman ….

10 hours ago, canderson said:

How’s the little one? 

Same for you @Mount Joy Snowman ….

Great, thanks for asking. The two year old boy decided to get up at 5:15 this morning, because you know, why not. Five month old baby girl growing strong and moving more by the day. I’m just tired, all the time ha, but wouldn’t trade it for the world. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Great, thanks for asking. The two year old boy decided to get up at 5:15 this morning, because you know, why not. Five month old baby girl growing strong and moving more by the day. I’m just tired, all the time ha, but wouldn’t trade it for the world. 

Maybe he wanted to be ready for the 6Z GFS to drop on his iPad?   Hardy-Har-Har.  :-) 

• Haha 1

Wanted to see what an excessive heat warning meant for Death Valley, CA :devilsmiley:

Saturday
Sunny and hot, with a high near 121. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 92. South southeast wind 5 to 13 mph becoming east in the evening.
Sunday
Sunny and hot, with a high near 120. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming west southwest in the morning.

Not Death Valley numbers, but I have a heat warning from now through Tuesday...

Today
Sunny, with a high near 108. Light southeast wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 84. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northeast after midnight.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 107. East northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south southeast in the afternoon.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 84. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming northeast in the evening.
Labor Day
Sunny, with a high near 109. East wind around 5 mph becoming south southwest in the afternoon.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 84. South southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Tuesday
Sunny and hot, with a high near 110. East southeast wind around 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Models range from 1.5 to 10" of rain over the next 3 days.  High of 84 today. One prog has the 10 jackpot over Harrisburg.  Canderson would either need to make 4 trips to empty his rain gauge or buy 3 extra and setup some pulleys to move the water down as one fills up.

I’ll accept it! 

• Haha 1