• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2022

18 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Millersville only got down to 39F so MDT is believable.

It might be believable but it is not representative for the area.  Ironically up until now, MDT has been too cool during the day and one could blame river influence.     It's in the Mid 20's just 30 min away and all the other major NWS reporting stations range from the Upper 20's to the mid 30's.  Even Cap City at 37.   BWI 34.  

48 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

29 here for a low.  UP to 31 now.  MDT unbelievably never got below 40. A Wunderground reading right across the river from them is at 34 right now  Definitely some fodder for replacing MDT.  LNS got to 34.  

45 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Millersville only got down to 39F so MDT is believable.

Believe it or not...lowest temp on my station was 39.4 at 6:22am. 

42 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It might be believable but it is not representative for the area.  Ironically up until now, MDT has been too cool during the day and one could blame river influence.     It's in the Mid 20's just 30 min away and all the other major NWS reporting stations range from the Upper 20's to the mid 30's.  Even Cap City at 37.   BWI 34.  

I really don't know what to say - I was stunned this morning. Barely made it under 40 here. In fact, my temp stayed at 40.0 or above for all but 17 minutes. Temp never dropped below 39 on my way to work. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

And to state again, I believe your temp (I said unbelievable in my original post but meant it as an exasperation), but those temps are not representative.  LNS was 5-6 degrees cooler than you. 

I know, I'm just as exasperated as you are. And I understood the context of "unbelievable". :)  

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Voyager and Mahantango need to move to the historic district pronto. LOL :)  

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Seems like the obvious answer.

I can't speak for Mahantango, but in reality, I need to move to Miami or Phoenix...lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

A 3 degree drop in 24 min then 4 degree raise in 20 min.  Even more proof that MDT is not representative.  It took LNS 4 hours to have that same type of movement. Inversion issues?

It does look a little odd, doesn’t look like it coincides with clearing skies or calming winds (obs were clear with a puff of wind both before, during and after).

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

So, are they saying they went down to 37 for less than 60 min then back up?   LOL.   A 6 degree change.   37 would have been more what I was expecting but going from 42 to 37 to 40 (or 40 to 37 to 41) in 60 min is a tall tale. 

At 5:56am they were at 40 so it just means at some point during the hour immediately before or after that they dropped to 37. Not unusual. Can’t go off of just the on-the-hour observations. As TimB pointed out. 

3 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

At 5:56am they were at 40 so it just means at some point during the hour immediately before or after that they dropped to 37. Not unusual. Can’t go off of just the on-the-hour observations. As TimB pointed out. 

I want to say the absolute minimum for PIT this past winter occurred between hourly obs that were a solid 6-7 degrees warmer.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yea, we will have to agree to disagree on the bolded.  LOL.   I am familiar with the inter-hour obs and was ready for MDT to maybe get 39.   I did not know where to access them though.    LNS took 4-5 hours to do what MDT did in less than an hour.  Same as Cap City.   Not impossible but again not indicative of the area it is representing.   A 3 degree drop is fine but a then 4 degree rise with no fronts or cloud issues is  questionable.  In scientific terms, MDT's data gets thrown out from last night. 

31 minutes ago, TimB said:

It does look a little odd, doesn’t look like it coincides with clearing skies or calming winds (obs were clear with a puff of wind both before, during and after).

If any of the other stations had similar movements, then it would not be so odd.  Point Pleasant (or point something) right across the river from the Airport was at 35 when MDT had their hour of power.