• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2022

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

See, this is why my AC runs so often throughout the year. My air is set to 65 - but my house will never drop to 64 when the outside temp is 57.  It probably wouldn't happen until it's well down in the 40s and only then if it's for a sustained amount of time. 

I keep talking to my wife about all of the hot air she's producing...

LOL.  I did have a window open so that contributed it a bit.  But I certainly would not be running my AC when it is in the 50's out.  I just posted Wundermap.  See you guys are about 10 degrees higher right now. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

LOL.  I did have a window open so that contributed it a bit.  But I certainly would not be running my AC when it is in the 50's out.  I just posted Wundermap.  See you guys are about 10 degrees higher right now. 

Yep, clearly it's become a "thing" - the HIA effect. 

I'd take this

Today
A slight chance of light rain between 1pm and 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 68. Southeast wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. Light southeast wind.
Wednesday
Partly sunny, with a high near 71. Southeast wind 6 to 8 mph.
Wednesday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. Southeast wind around 8 mph.
Thursday
A chance of drizzle. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 69. Southeast wind 7 to 9 mph.
Thursday Night
A chance of showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 65. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Friday
Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. High near 76. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Friday Night
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then a chance of showers between 8pm and 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 76.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 59.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 79.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 62.
Memorial Day
Mostly sunny, with a high near 82.
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I'd take this

Today
A slight chance of light rain between 1pm and 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 68. Southeast wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. Light southeast wind.
Wednesday
Partly sunny, with a high near 71. Southeast wind 6 to 8 mph.
Wednesday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. Southeast wind around 8 mph.
Thursday
A chance of drizzle. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 69. Southeast wind 7 to 9 mph.
Thursday Night
A chance of showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 65. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Friday
Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. High near 76. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Friday Night
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then a chance of showers between 8pm and 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 76.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 59.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 79.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 62.
Memorial Day
Mostly sunny, with a high near 82.

If this wins I'll buy you a six pack. I know we should not look at models and they didn't. :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am just talking weather and what the models show.    If it rained Monday, it would ruin my planned family Memorial day get together.  So far Monday still looks "decent" compared to Sat and Sun. 

Wow, you were quick. I deleted that post almost right after I made it because it wasn't meant for you. I realized you just posted the model output. Someone else gave it a thumbs up, which was where my question was directed. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Wow, you were quick. I deleted that post almost right after I made it because it wasn't meant for you. I realized you just posted the model output. Someone else gave it a thumbs up, which was where my question was directed. 

Plus the web page cache's posts so if the page had it, and you deleted, I may have still seen it.  

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@paweather, MU did not read the GFS for next week either :-).  Maybe one day near 90 on the 12Z before cooler air arrives.  Some other days in the low to mid 80's before a Hurricane makes it appearance.     GFS did look much better for this weekend.  After the Euro caved, does it cave back?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Ironically, the CMC has regressed for the weekend.  

Well, I guess we know what to watch for in terms of sensible weather. If the upper level low is allowed to meander eastward uninhibited, the more unsettled the weekend will be. If you're watching model runs, that's what to focus on.