• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2022 OBS Thread

With today's high of only 47.2 here in NW Chester County this is the latest we have gone into any April without a 60 degree reading in the last 61 years! In 1961 the 1st such day was on the 14th of the month - that was also the latest in history for our first 60 degree reading in April.

35 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

With today's high of only 47.2 here in NW Chester County this is the latest we have gone into any April without a 60 degree reading in the last 61 years! In 1961 the 1st such day was on the 14th of the month - that was also the latest in history for our first 60 degree reading in April.

Tuesday will be your first 60F+ day...pretty sure the 14th is safe.

45F

• Like 1

Got down to 31.2 this morning. My wife is chomping at the bit to start planting in our new raised beds--she has seedlings sprouting in little pots all over the house and like 4 boxes of plants from Bloom Box "sheltering in place" in our garage. Hopefully that's the last frost advisory of the season.

• Weenie 1

5 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

Got down to 31.2 this morning. My wife is chomping at the bit to start planting in our new raised beds--she has seedlings sprouting in little pots all over the house and like 4 boxes of plants from Bloom Box "sheltering in place" in our garage. Hopefully that's the last frost advisory of the season.

Next week you will get another advisory. Long long range also has unseasonable cold in the vicinity of the start of May. Trust me the cold isn't done.

It took 14 tries to stop spell checker from changing unseas... into unreasonable Fook this technology

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

Next week you will get another advisory. Long long range also has unseasonable cold in the vicinity of the start of May. Trust me the cold isn't done.

It took 14 tries to stop spell checker from changing unseas... into unreasonable Fook this technology

Well it does have a point, lol.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RedSky said:

:oldman:

Are you using Chrome? It didn't change/offer to change unseasonable when I typed.

60F/partly sunny

sp.jpg

Made it up to 61 today and it was an overall nice day.  Currently partly cloudy and 59 with dp 40.

2 minutes ago, RedSky said:

On the android phone dunno what spell checker it is.

Bonus round it capitalized fook lol

I hate auto-correct but have found that Apple's auto-correct butchers words far worse than Android. :wacko:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Autocorrect rocks!! I can be my inarticulate self complete with spelling errors and have something to blame for it. No such luck as a kid— I’d simply get whacked on the knuckles by the nuns with a yardstick.

Fellow Catholic guy here (1-12/not by choice) and yes a yardstick but more likely that damn wooden pointer thing to the chalkboard trying to show us stuff which isn't practical and no one cared. I was the guy who listened to Elliot Abrams/KYW earlier in the morning glaring out the window during class waiting for the first flakes to fall hoping for a half-day...  

57F

• Weenie 1

27 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Fellow Catholic guy here (1-12/not by choice) and yes a yardstick but more likely that damn wooden pointer thing to the chalkboard trying to show us stuff which isn't practical and no one cared. I was the guy who listened to Elliot Abrams/KYW earlier in the morning glaring out the window during class waiting for the first flakes to fall hoping for a half-day...  

57F

They didn't beat us but instead used psychological warfare of hell damnation. One had purple veins pop out on her temples when furious that made her look like one of characters in Trancers.

On 4/10/2022 at 5:20 PM, ChescoWx said:

But you were over 60 in March.

8 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Feels like 90.  lol

Screenshot_20220413-141013_WeatherLink.jpg

LOL

I remember years when there was a literal heatwave with 90s the 3rd week of April and anyone living in an apartment building still had to have required heat service until at least May.

Currently 81 here (high so far) and dp 60, with a lot of high clouds.

• Like 1