• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2022 OBS Thread

16 minutes ago, ChasingFlakes said:

Pileup On I-80 in Schuylkill County a few hours ago due to snow squall conditions, untreated roads and just overall poor driving.

Saw that. I'd like to think I would have hustled myself and everyone else back behind the tree line ASAP but I don't know if I'd have had the presence of mind to do so after being in a wreck like that.

I'd like to think I would have hustled myself and everyone else back behind the tree line ASAP but I don't know if I'd have had the presence of mind to do so after wrecking like th
  • Weenie 1

On 3/28/2022 at 5:10 PM, ChasingFlakes said:

Pileup On I-80 in Schuylkill County a few hours ago due to snow squall conditions, untreated roads and just overall poor driving.

Latest info on the wreck. As of right now the northbound lanes are STILL closed. I'll defer to the article about fatalities and injuries, but I heard bad things. What I can say is that the road surface was damaged by the fire, and will likely need to be repaired.

https://www.tnonline.com/20220329/state-police-confirm-fatalities-in-i-81-pileup/

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Latest info on the wreck. As of right now the northbound lanes are STILL closed. I'll defer to the article about fatalities and injuries, but I heard bad things. What I can say is that the road surface was damaged by the fire, and will likely need to be repaired.

https://www.tnonline.com/20220329/state-police-confirm-fatalities-in-i-81-pileup/

I heard a number of vehicles had pretty much exploded and they were still trying to ascertain casualties.  :(

As an obs, I made it up to 39 today as a high and it's currently partly sunny and about 10 minutes from sunset, and 38 with dp 11.

51 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I heard a number of vehicles had pretty much exploded and they were still trying to ascertain casualties.  :(

As an obs, I made it up to 39 today as a high and it's currently partly sunny and about 10 minutes from sunset, and 38 with dp 11.

Between 3-5 is what I read/heard but many were hospitalized. Road is still closed as there are a bunch of 18 wheelers are mangled...so I guess it takes time to clean up.

35F, predicted low 20-21F 

3 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

The most wintery week around here since Feb 2010! :D

39F/DP 15F...expecting heavy virga.

4 days from March 27 to 30th where the high temperature average could finish in the 30's and about to get the 3rd day here with snow/frozen. Ludicrous. 

• Weenie 1

17 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Between 3-5 is what I read/heard but many were hospitalized. Road is still closed as there are a bunch of 18 wheelers are mangled...so I guess it takes time to clean up.

35F, predicted low 20-21F 

On the noon news they confirmed 6 died and 24 injured....kinda sucks.

That disturbance that passed through earlier gave me some non-measurable light rain and was gone in a flash.

After bottoming out at 27 this morning, so far my high has been 47 today, with it mostly cloudy much of the early afternoon until the precip passed and the sky cleared.  I know they have forecast non-diurnal temps overnight so depending on how that goes, I might end up with a high for today just before midnight.

Currently mostly sunny and 47 with dp up to 22 now after a dry 12 earlier this morning.

radar12-03302022.png