Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2022 OBS Thread

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Yeah, official downpour/wind/thunder...

Gusty storm rolling through. Sounded like there may have been a little hail mixed in, but can't confirm. I'll go out in a bit once it settles down to see if I can find any ice.

43 minutes ago, mattinpa said:

Yes, I prefer some nice dry spring days in the 60s.

Too dry a winter/spring can equal a triple digit summer (it's been awhile since we last had that).

Whatever disturbance scooted across the northern part of the area seems to have broken up where I am but it has gotten pretty cloudy.  Current temp is 53 with a drier dp of 39 (which is probably why it fizzled here).

49 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

And that state site claims they got their map data from USGS (they include a link right to USGS's drought monitor) and when you go there, it shows... drumroll.... a drought in the same area as the NOAA map - https://pa.water.usgs.gov/apps/drought/

Attached a snapshot of that as of today...

Screenshot 2022-03-20 165718-usgs-drought-with-legend-03202022.png

I mean it's so inconsequential, who really cares? It's nothing major. And one good soaking rain/T-storm and all is good. (or above) I think all is good now. It sounds like a bunch of people want to look like they doing something to justify their annual salary. If I had a no TV/radio/internet in the past 6 months and just judging by observation I would think....meh, we're about normal which is right. 

50F/Cloudy

43 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I mean it's so inconsequential, who really cares? It's nothing major. And one good soaking rain/T-storm and all is good. (or above) I think all is good now. It sounds like a bunch of people want to look like they doing something to justify their annual salary. If I had a no TV/radio/internet in the past 6 months and just judging by observation I would think....meh, we're about normal which is right. 

50F/Cloudy

Many here were cliff jumping due to the lack of snow this season (so far).  :P Much of the area (except for the far southern parts of the CWA) are only 50 - 60-% of "normal" snowfall so far.

FN2XWLIVUAAlr0s.jpg

What can happen is in the long term, if the deficit continues, is what it could do for summer temps since dry ground heats the air faster.

But in other news that might be a solace for you is this (if it verifies) -

FOTbuStVEAQb1JD.jpg

As an obs, am down to 51 with dp 38 and mostly cloudy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

50F/Cloudy

Ask Albedoman how not dry it is..

At some point we will roll out a 12" rain month and all will be wet..I mean well

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Ask Albedoman how not dry it is..

At some point we will roll out a 12" rain month and all will be wet..I mean well

He’ll tell us the rain won’t help…it all runs off or the ground is too hard to absorb it. :D

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

That should take care of the dryness. How about some sun with 60s or 70s and low humidity mixed in?

Upper 50's to mid 60's, low humidity and breezy w/some sun is my "happy place".  Today is perfect.

61F/Gusty/Mostly sunny/DP 34F/Hum 35%

*Rain: Wed-Thurs, drought buster...  

• Like 1

Beautiful day both in NW Chesco and down the shore! Splits were 62.1/38.8 in Chesco and 62.6/42.4 in Sea Isle City. Through today in Chesco we are running 4.9 degrees above normal for March. Precipitation wise we are 8.54" or 85% of our normal precip of 10.00" exactly through today

Backyard.20220321_184503709.jpg

SICHi.20220321_184457178.jpg

• Like 1