• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England snowstorm memories.

CoastalWx

Yeah I got something signed by him when i was a kid.

Man, the hype from that storm was unreal...although srn NH had spots that got almost 3'.

Almost 3 feet???? How about 40 in Nottingham?

ROCKINGHAM...

40 INCHES ... NOTTINGHAM

34 INCHES ... HAMPTON /NH DOT/

28 INCHES ... PORTSMOUTH /PEASE TRADEPORT/

24 INCHES ... SALEM

23 INCHES ... DERRY

17 INCHES ... HAMPTON /SPOTTER/http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/extremes/2001/march/mar5-7_2001_snow.txt

Almost 3 feet???? How about 40 in Nottingham?

ROCKINGHAM...

40 INCHES ... NOTTINGHAM

34 INCHES ... HAMPTON /NH DOT/

28 INCHES ... PORTSMOUTH /PEASE TRADEPORT/

24 INCHES ... SALEM

23 INCHES ... DERRY

17 INCHES ... HAMPTON /SPOTTER/http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/extremes/2001/march/mar5-7_2001_snow.txt

That was Pete, slant sticking as usual

this thread totally just made me geek out on you tube looking at past storm images and video...i wish i had a brain like Will's...some of the recent storms from 2005, and 2007 i don't remember :(

and the April Fool's Storm...i don't remember anything about the snowfalling or intensity...i just remember measuring various places on my driveway and in my back yard ang getting 36inches...

my brain sucks!!!

this thread totally just made me geek out on you tube looking at past storm images and video...i wish i had a brain like Will's...some of the recent storms from 2005, and 2007 i don't remember :(

and the April Fool's Storm...i don't remember anything about the snowfalling or intensity...i just remember measuring various places on my driveway and in my back yard ang getting 36inches...

my brain sucks!!!

You defintely weren't a big enough weenie back then. I wish I had a camera on me back then, because I must have either had my jaw on the ground the whole time, or smiling ear to ear like the joker. I was in total shock and awe the whole time. Complete awe. January 2005 was close given the combo of snow rates and wind, but I just remember thinking to myself that this can't be happening, during the 3/31-4/1 snow event.

You defintely weren't a big enough weenie back then. I wish I had a camera on me back then, because I must have either had my jaw on the ground the whole time, or smiling ear to ear like the joker. I was in total shock and awe the whole time. Complete awe. January 2005 was close given the combo of snow rates and wind, but I just remember thinking to myself that this can't be happening, during the 3/31-4/1 snow event.

i wish i could use that as my excuse...but i've been a huge weenie since i was 4...my brain is just weird about the details it stores and the details it doesn't...i do remember the winter of 95-96...that pattern brought in a storm every other day...i think 2005 was the year the Cape got demolished...my sister lives in plymouth...she kept getting hammered while, i kept getting 6inchers...

i wish i could remember everything about everything...

i wish i could use that as my excuse...but i've been a huge weenie since i was 4...my brain is just weird about the details it stores and the details it doesn't...i do remember the winter of 95-96...that pattern brought in a storm every other day...i think 2005 was the year the Cape got demolished...my sister lives in plymouth...she kept getting hammered while, i kept getting 6inchers...

i wish i could remember everything about everything...

Well it sounds like you remember more than most when it comes to weather. It's easy to say to someone "wow you don't remember that?" However, sometimes I have to realize that not everyone is a weather weenie sicko...lol.

I do regret that I feel like I lost a few childhood memories of snow, but I still remember the bigger storms of the 80s.

Dec 1992 is the storm of infamy . ORH got crushed with 36 inches. 16-22 in NE Ct.power out for days with tree damage to naked trees. with heavy rains and high wind for the coast of SNE.

We need another one of those. The thing was crawling

That storm is one of my worst memories ever. I swear I almost cried in that one.

Dec 1992 is the storm of infamy . ORH got crushed with 36 inches. 16-22 in NE Ct.power out for days with tree damage to naked trees. with heavy rains and high wind for the coast of SNE.

That storm is one of my worst memories ever. I swear I almost cried in that one.

i do remember this storm!!! it poured all day the first day...and by 6am the following morning it had changed to snow...and it snowed until a bit after sunset...i eneded up with 24inches of heavy wet snow! school was cancelled m-w the following week...i can't even imagine if it had been all snow!!!

My favorite storm and favorite winter in my life

december1992snowfallrevk.png

I recall the details of tha storm like it was yesterday. That was probably the best valley screwjob in SNE history. It was amazing what every foot of elevation made in that storm.

The next time one of those happens Ray would absolutley lose it

Ray did ok in that storm..his area in E MA was one of the few areas at lower elevation that made out well..he got around 20 inches.

The valleys to the west of the hills got screwed so bad in part because of the absolutely howling winds out of the ENE which enahnced the downslope effect.

You had some great winds though. Didn't they gust to or over cane force? At least it wasn't a total shutout.

That is still one of my top 3 favorte SNE snowstorms.

I lived in Brockton at the time, and we had great winds. Branches were flying everywhere.

The problems was that I was expected to get 18" of paste whipped around by 70mph winds. I was so pumped. Even my parents were telling me how this may be the biggest snow storm that I have seen yet. I was a pumped up 13yr old weenie. Blizzard warnings were issued.

I woke up I think near 4am and it was snowing and snowing heavy. The snow caked onto everything and the wind seemed like it would flatten every tree. It was around 9am or so, where the precip lightened and it turned into this weird sleet like snow, that wasn't accumulating. My temp went up just a bit too. I think I got dryslotted somehow and the marine layer made a second push west across se mass. 18" turned into about 6" with not much precip falling the rest of the day. When I saw areas like Walpole just to my nw get buried with snow...and ORH getting 3'....I wanted to cry...I swear. I thought that was the chance of me finally getting the big snow like my parents always talked about. I was already c*ck teased by the cape blizzards in the 80s.

That storm though was a beast and I enjoyed the insane aspects that went along with it. However, that storm will be remembered for one thing....it broke the back of our crappy winters.

Ray did ok in that storm..his area in E MA was one of the few areas at lower elevation that made out well..he got around 20 inches.

The valleys to the west of the hills got screwed so bad in part because of the absolutely howling winds out of the ENE which enahnced the downslope effect.

I didn't know Ray got that much from that.

Ryan I guess would have lost it.

I lived in Brockton at the time, and we had great winds. Branches were flying everywhere.

The problems was that I was expected to get 18" of paste whipped around by 70mph winds. I was so pumped. Even my parents were telling me how this may be the biggest snow storm that I have seen yet. I was a pumped up 13yr old weenie. Blizzard warnings were issued.

I woke up I think near 4am and it was snowing and snowing heavy. The snow caked onto everything and the wind seemed like it would flatten every tree. It was around 9am or so, where the precip lightened and it turned into this weird sleet like snow, that wasn't accumulating. My temp went up just a bit too. I think I got dryslotted somehow and the marine layer made a second push west across se mass. 18" turned into about 6" with not much precip falling the rest of the day. When I saw areas like Walpole just to my nw get buried with snow...and ORH getting 3'....I wanted to cry...I swear. I thought that was the chance of me finally getting the big snow like my parents always talked about. I was already c*ck teased by the cape blizzards in the 80s.

That storm though was a beast and I enjoyed the insane aspects that went along with it. However, that storm will be remembered for one thing....it broke the back of our crappy winters.

I've made up for it since then in terms of seeing big snow events, but that one will forever sting..especially seeing that I was so close to the big amounts.

Dec 1992 had a prediction of 2-4 inches 24 hours before the storm, lol. They maybe meant feet and not inches.

It started as rain here too...I was in 6th grade and in social studies class right next to the window and the radiator....I was falling asleep from the hot air blowing on me but was staring out the window. Then all of the sudden a huge gust of wind came and the air filled with flakes, and as the gust subsided the flakes did too and it went back to mostly to rain...this process continued for about 10 minutes and then eventually one gust brought the flakes back and they never left after that. That was about 11:15 am on that Friday morning.

Dec 1992 had a prediction of 2-4 inches 24 hours before the storm, lol. They maybe meant feet and not inches.

It started as rain here too...I was in 6th grade and in social studies class right next to the window and the radiator....I was falling asleep from the hot air blowing on me but was staring out the window. Then all of the sudden a huge gust of wind came and the air filled with flakes, and as the gust subsided the flakes did too and it went back to mostly to rain...this process continued for about 10 minutes and then eventually one gust brought the flakes back and they never left after that. That was about 11:15 am on that Friday morning.

Wow 6th grade. As sick as your memory is I bet you could even remember what you were wearing that day and the who was sitting in front of you and how bad their back acne was.

I was a year out of high school and in college..but was home for that weekend. I purposely came home for the storm lol

i was a freshman, in trig class...just staring out the window...the wind kept gusting and i would look as hard as i could to see if i could see any snowflakes mixed in when the rain hit the windows...i think i started hallucinating snowflakes...since it didn't change over at my place until 6am on saturday...but i was useless all day in school...

I recall the details of that storm like it was yesterday. That was probably the best valley screwjob in SNE history. It was amazing what every foot of elevation made in that storm. The next time one of those happens Ray would absolutley lose it

lol

i was a freshman, in trig class...just staring out the window...the wind kept gusting and i would look as hard as i could to see if i could see any snowflakes mixed in when the rain hit the windows...i think i started hallucinating snowflakes...since it didn't change over at my place until 6am on saturday...but i was useless all day in school...

Sounds like me everyday before any storm that's greater then 3" arrowheadsmiley.png. Even the storm that brought 6-12" to CON and north last week I was checking my ipod at school just because I was curious lol

Looks like I got about 25" in this storm Will while you get like 35"? Does that sound right?

lol

Sounds like me everyday before any storm that/s greater then 3" arrowheadsmiley.png. Even the storm that brought 6-12" to CON and north last week I was checking my ipod at school just because I was curious lol

Looks like I got about 25" in this storm Will while you get like 35"? Does that sound right?

You got more than 25"...probably more like 27-28" there. The center of Shrewsbury up higher probably had 30".

I had 34-35" in Holden MA at the time.