• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem Snowstorm! 2/2-2/4

And 96, I love your positivity. Your mom WOULD be proud as hell!!!!!!

I just hit 3 years booze free. Like a day or two ago- I don’t keep a sober date per se’. My experience has been different and not nearly as rewarding. I am looking for a center and better balance. Your story has inspired me! Keep up the good work. You bring a palpable positive vibe here. 
The kuchie maps don’t hurt either. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

And 96, I love your positivity. Your mom WOULD be proud as hell!!!!!!

I just hit 3 years booze free. Like a day or two ago- I don’t keep a sober date per se’. My experience has been different and not nearly as rewarding. I am looking for a center and better balance. Your story has inspired me! Keep up the good work. You bring a palpable positive vibe here. 
The kuchie maps don’t hurt either. 

Congrats to you!  That’s amazing!!!

I don’t do the “alcoholic” term at all either. Never fit me. It also puts the blame on the person when it’s really the addictive substance that’s the problem. Know any “cocaine-aholics?”  “Heroin-aholics?”  Nah. Me neither.  For me, it was just something that wasn’t serving me well in life any more  

It’s just meant more time with my kids and focus in the right areas - particularly my own mental and physical health. I’d be lying if I didn’t say I miss a Jebwalk with an IPA in hand - but a hot chocolate or a good cup of coffee in a peaceful and beautiful snowfall does the trick!!

Trust me, you’re inspiring people with your decisions. Esteemable people do esteemable things!!

• Like 2

Just now, rochesterdave said:

Yep. Enhancement is the wildcard. Could bump Rochester to Buffalo up a few ticks. 

Friday. Based on previous guidance was all set to rush this system
east of the area pretty quickly on Friday. However, trends now
showing up that there could be yet another low-level wave lifting
through to keep snow going through midday while larger scale lift
ramps up again as northern stream trough advances across the Great
Lakes. While this occurs northeast to northerly winds will be
flowing across Lake Ontario with temps at top of inversion
sufficient for lake enhancement. All in all, increased QPF and snow
a bit compared to any larger scale blends and previous forecast. If
the more amplified ECMWF and Canadian-Regional are right on this
trend (supported more now by 06z NAM), then could see even more snow
on Friday especially from lake enhancement. Still cannot rule out
some blowing snow especially in open areas near Lake Ontario. Coord
with near term forecaster on headlines with the system and opted to
go to 15z for end time of warning over far western NY and to 18z for
rest of the area. System finally pulls east late Friday, leaving
persistent but light lake effect off Lake Ontario in a more
northwest flow by that point. Temps chilly on Friday with readings
in the upper teens to near 20F not rising much from overnight lows
Thursday night. Wind chills will be as cold as the single digits
below zero east of Lake Ontario to the single digits above zero

1 minute ago, 96blizz said:

Congrats to you!  That’s amazing!!!

I don’t do the “alcoholic” term at all either. Never fit me. It also puts the blame on the person when it’s really the addictive substance that’s the problem. Know any “cocaine-aholics?”  “Heroin-aholics?”  Nah. Me neither.  For me, it was just something that wasn’t serving me well in life any more  

It’s just meant more time with my kids and focus in the right areas - particularly my own mental and physical health. I’d be lying if I didn’t say I miss a Jebwalk with an IPA in hand - but a hot chocolate or a foos cup of coffee in a peaceful and beautiful snowfall does the trick!!

Trust me, you’re inspiring people with your decisions. Esteemable people do esteemable things!!

God. I loved sitting down for snowstorm with a 12 pack. I’m not saying I won’t ever do it again but like you, it wasn’t serving me well. I would wake up with bad stomach pain and I was getting shaky. 
Skaneateles looks well positioned here btw. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

I am north of the lake by about half a mile in the village. Not on the hill but I can hit driver, wedge to it. My camp is 10 miles down the lake on the west side. 

I always stop at Doug’s, Angel’s or the Bakery. I love it there. Just figured it was that newer development as the town is full of gorgeous old houses and yours looks so new. 

Just now, rochesterdave said:

I always stop at Doug’s, Angel’s or the Bakery. I love it there. Just figured it was that newer development as the town is full of gorgeous old houses and yours looks so new. 

It is. Only about 10 years old. It’s not on a hill but I know that one too. 

Dougs is heaven. In fact thinking of ordering up some takeout from there during the storm. Angels was bought by Adam Weitsman and is going to be Clover’s Diner (his daughters name). 

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Love it. Thanks for sharing! I don't drink either ..except for a very occasional glass of wine when visiting family. While I know I am negative on here, I promise I am not as miserable in "real life." I am definitely geared to see things in a critical way. My colleagues always come to me because I naturally see errors in things and it's helpful when I can help correct them. I am actually a huge "person of encouragement" and love encouraging others in their gifts and talents. I really do have lots of respect for you!

Is there a Sizzle Warning issued for CNY today?  Put 'em up!

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Bgm do srefs do a standard 10 to 1 on the snow plumes or are ratios factored in?

Ha I'm not sure. I've never really paid much attention to the Sref since everyone seems to shit on them for their apparent lack of accuracy and being affiliated with the NAM? (I forget what the connection was to the NAM, or maybe there isnt one and Im just remembering wrong).

4 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Ha I'm not sure. I've never really paid much attention to the Sref since everyone seems to shit on them for their apparent lack of accuracy and being affiliated with the NAM? (I forget what the connection was to the NAM, or maybe there isnt one and Im just remembering wrong).

wise man, srefs are usually to amped up with everything due to the ARW family. I believe nam is involved in them but like yourself don't look at them

• Like 2