• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
january 3rd potential coastal grazer

forkyfork

Good trends for at least seeing accumulations for the city. The issue is, we will need 1/2” hr rates to overcome the warm ground for any pavement accumulation. That’s the snow removal side of me. I told my management I’m available if need be, but they are hesitant on making a call as yet on the uws. Colleges aren’t going to call in workers during winter break without a better guaranty.
I like 1” colder surfaces CPk. 3” JFK. This one really splits the city 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jm1220 said:

Thanks as always for your contributions here, Walt. Hopefully this can pull a rabbit out of the hat and bump north 50 more miles. 

All good... as of 520A... the forecast posted by the NWS looks good. Dry air eats us up along the northwest edge with T-2" NYC. When it does descend through the dry layers below 700MB, it could come down at 1/2MI vsby for a short time JFK eastward sometime Noon-3P.   As of 5AM I like TDWR EWR as the northern edge edging north now and snowing extreme southern Monmouth back through PHL/DCA areas. From this point forward am on the nowcast thread.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tatamy said:

I wish you folks along the south shore and Brooklyn and SI good luck with this one.  I think that while 1-2” is possible there I think a car topper is most likely.  I think folks on the Jersey shore south of Long Branch and east of Islip on the island stand the best chance of seeing 1-3” with higher amounts further down the Jersey shore.

only saw intermittent flurries here  a T not even a dusting or coating

• Rjay unpinned this topic