• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

19 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Ha. I was thinking the same thing. Another failed lake effect event on NW winds. These NW wind lake effect events behind cold fronts do diddly for Syracuse...or maybe it's just the new theme of snow dying here all the time. Looks like Syracuse city area did even worse, as has been the case, over the past 2 days. Looks like the lake effect has made its way over the new snowbelt of SW Onondaga county. Glad we got some moisture yesterday for a couple of inches because today's snowfall was waaaay less exciting than I thought it was going to be. I think we'll be mostly grass by Monday/Tuesday (Maybe even tomorrow pm).

Yeah, the WWA will probably still verify over the hills of S Onondaga and Madison. Kbgm radar probably overshooting some of the bands.

1638650615_KBGM-Super-ResReflectivityTilt110_04PM.thumb.gif.150b7d9e535938544d1bfb3bdab000b6.gifScreenshot_20220219-220258_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b4c6169478695877f1bf2dd685976bfe.jpg

58 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Gonna be a tough few days. Highs in the upper 50’s. Not sure my 8” pack survives this 3 day onslaught. 
My brother is traveling to Bozeman on Monday. He’ll be skiing Jackson Hole, Big Sky and Grand Targhee. They haven’t had a lot of snow in January or February. 

Looks snowless in downtown Jackson:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, tim123 said:

March 2017 storm was heavily lake enhanced. 27 inches in roc. 

I remember that one. Toronto got flurries while Buffalo, Rochester, and points east of us got hit hard. The Toronto snow shields were up for that one. I was so envious of you guys. It looks like the snow shield is temporarily down this winter.

• Like 1

Just now, Ottawa Blizzard said:

I remember that one. Toronto got flurries while Buffalo, Rochester, and points east of us got hit hard. The Toronto snow shields were up for that one. I was so envious of you guys. It looks like the snow shield is temporarily down this winter.

Notice the little snow hole over syracuse. Bet syrmax phoned that in.

Screenshot_20220219-223654_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Icon still north

icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_45 (1).png

Looks a bit better for our neck of the woods. The snowfall map actually looks really good, which is rare for the Icon:

icon_asnow_neus_61.png

3 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Starting to get on board with this one. I didn’t want to track until it looked more likely. I can get a little obsessed once I commit to tracking. Maybe some of you have noticed…

You're fine. We all seem to have our own interests and quirks in terms of weather weenieism. It's actually quite interesting to see the different personalities and who looks for what type of weather.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Looks a bit better for our neck of the woods. The snowfall map actually looks really good, which is rare for the Icon:

icon_asnow_neus_61.png

You're fine. We all seem to have our own interests and quirks in terms of weather weenieism. It's actually quite interesting to see the different personalities and who looks for what type of weather.

That’s about as crazy as the ICON gets. It’s really excited. Lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

It still looks good, but definitely weaker than earlier runs.

The thing I like the most about this system is the FLATTER, more lateral movement/look. Not another one of these where the trajectory is a sharp diagonal.

Yeah. We don’t want that low getting to Jamestown. Seriously 

• Like 1

Beautiful run of the 06Z GFS this morning for the snow-parched areas of the Northeast throughout the long range. Would like to see it bump a bit north (which it is doing) for Friday.

My biggest concern, which I think may be starting, is the models start cutting back totals and we end up getting to Friday with a 3 to 6 inch event rather than a 6 to 12 inch one. It's either cutter and amped or flat and weak these days.

• Like 1