Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Western PA/Pittsburgh Winter 2021/22 Discussion

meatwad

2 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

Dry slot in westmoreland county on that 18z HRRR, but it does't seem to change the accumulations a whole lot. Once the atmosphere saturates, that deformation band is crushing us. 

snku_acc.us_ma.png

Gradient is a lot sharper across the metro. “Official” total would be a bit below a foot but many of us would see well over.

1 minute ago, Ecanem said:

Is anyone as nervously excited that I am?  My friends and family know me as the ‘weather guy’ asking me what I think is going to happen.  I’m optimistic for a good snow but the 2019? WSW bust is still fresh in memory. 

Yes!

This feels a bit different than 2019, not totally sure why, but it does.  Doesn't mean we don't mixing, but doesn't seem as harsh as that.

Just now, Ecanem said:

Is anyone as nervously excited that I am?  My friends and family know me as the ‘weather guy’ asking me what I think is going to happen.  I’m optimistic for a good snow but the 2019? WSW bust is still fresh in memory. 

Cautiously optimistic. That is how i would describe my mood right now. Nowcasting strategy -> Take a Xanax, grab some snow brews, and enjoy the uncertainty :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ecanem said:

3 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

Yes!

This feels a bit different than 2019, not totally sure why, but it does.  Doesn't mean we don't mixing, but doesn't seem as harsh as that.

Definitely a different set up than 2019. The ULL went right over Pittsburgh. And about 48 - 36 hr out, we started to see the westward move. The WTD showed itself early on.

Just now, Rd9108 said:

No other guidance is close to it, however we are getting in range of it so it's something to probably pay attention to.

The HiRes NAM is also atrocious for us. That's more concerning than the NAM itself. Showing like an inch of snow at the onset, then ice, then dryslot. Have to see what the back end shows but the deform band is wanting to set up near columbus.

9 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

This is has to be a headache for NWS seeing all this guidance still all over the place this close to the event.

I feel like a lot of the guidance is on board though. Everything except the NAM is east. NAM the only one that is stubbornly holding out on a westward solution. As i said earlier, Im not sure how much stock mets are putting in NAM. Here is the warning map for CLE NWS. Last 4-5 runs of the NAM have dropped more than a foot on CLE and points east.  Not even a WWA for Cuyahoga County (where cleveland is).

cle.png

• Like 1