Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

5 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

What is the record for the number of 80 degree days in October?

We are warm again next week.

It doesn't seem like there's a change in pattern at all for several week. Warm, humid air inflow continuously. 

I've never had to run the AC in October and it'll not be off for weeks. It's awful. 

76 here, starting to see some breaks in the clouds now but it’s been near complete cloud cover for most of the day thus far. There’s a large, dark cloud hovering overhead, slowly making its way east, and looks like more storm clouds to my southwest, but no more rain since early this morning. Had a little over a tenth of an inch total. 

I’m a little surprised by how swampy it is today. I thought the dew points  might be at least a little lower this time of year.

58 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

What is the record for the number of 80 degree days in October?

We are warm again next week.

I do not have total 80 degree days by month available right now but I would guess it is into the double digits and possibly even 20's.   No doubt it is above normal right now but its not really hot by record standards.    The records highs for the first 12 days of October are all in the upper 80's and low 90's except for two 97's which are sort of anomalies.    The record highs gravitate down into the mid 80's for the 3rd week of October and near 80 for the final week.   

16 minutes ago, canderson said:

It doesn't seem like there's a change in pattern at all for several week. Warm, humid air inflow continuously. 

I've never had to run the AC in October and it'll not be off for weeks. It's awful. 

It was much hotter (at MDT) the first two weeks of October 2018.  15 and 16 degree departures though probably using the old normals.  October 2nd, 2019 had a high of 93. 

image.png.f1fb23c1c4bd18faa147042106289f73.png

22 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I do not have total 80 degree days by month available right now but I would guess it is well into the double digits and possibly even 20's.   No doubt it is above normal right now but its not really hot by record standards.    The records highs for the first 12 days of October are all in the upper 80's and low 90's except for two 97's which are sort of anomalies.    The record highs gravitate down into the mid 80's for the 3rd week of October and near 80 for the final week.   

Manually went back to 2000 and the high for 80's in October was 8 days.  Several years were 3-7 days and several were no 80's days.   So probably not going to see any Oct with 20's after doing that little research but chance for some in the 10's.  1941 had 3 days in the 90's. 

18 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It was much hotter (at MDT) the first two weeks of October 2018.  15 and 16 degree departures though probably using the old normals.  October 2nd, 2019 had a high of 93. 

image.png.f1fb23c1c4bd18faa147042106289f73.png

Yes, I don't know how he didn't run his AC that month unless his tolerance level of heat has dropped significantly over the past 3 years.

BTW - I got to 79.4 and it hasn't gone above that yet...it's 79.2 here now. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I do not have total 80 degree days by month available right now but I would guess it is well into the double digits and possibly even 20's.   No doubt it is above normal right now but its not really hot by record standards.    The records highs for the first 12 days of October are all in the upper 80's and low 90's except for two 97's which are sort of anomalies.    The record highs gravitate down into the mid 80's for the 3rd week of October and near 80 for the final week.   

The record October at MDT is a +6.2 anomaly relative to the current normals. It’s probably too early for you to start thinking about breaking that record (2007), but it looks like it’ll be within reach.

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is the month that had eight 80's and one 79. 

That’s probably the standard-bearer for recent warm Octobers as far as I’m concerned, but similar Octobers seem to be occurring at least every other year lately, which is concerning.

30 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

That’s probably the standard-bearer for recent warm Octobers as far as I’m concerned, but similar Octobers seem to be occurring at least every other year lately, which is concerning.

When I peaked at it before I also saw a string of warm Octobers in the 40's and 50's.  Not consecutive just on and off months where it was in the 80's 3-7 days during the month. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes, I don't know how he didn't run his AC that month unless his tolerance level of heat has dropped significantly over the past 3 years.

BTW - I got to 79.4 and it hasn't gone above that yet...it's 79.2 here now. 

Neither LNS nor MDT got to 80 on their hourly readings.  Do not have access to in between hour readings at the moment.  Dew's in the low 60's so not too bad (MDT).