• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

34 minutes ago, paweather said:

Orioles made the playoffs in 2016. :-)))

Indeed they did! They actually were in the playoffs in 2012, 2014, and 2016. The last few years of godawful baseball I think fool some people that it wasn't that long ago that the O's were actually pretty good. In 2012 they were REALLY good. 

34 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

God, that’s depressing. At least you’ve gotten to see your teams, even the O’s, do something noteworthy. Thinking about the Pirates, who have won one wild card game and not won a playoff series in my 37 years on this earth, makes me miserable.

I feel for Pirates fans. Such a great baseball tradition and some really good baseball fans and very little to be excited about beyond having a gem of a ballpark. In my honest opinion, Camden Yards is way behind PNC Park for me. I love being there and just gawking at that sightlines. 

35 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i'm 58, life long Pirates fan. Glad my dad had us in Pittsburgh frequently in the 70s ;) because i doubt i ever see another Championship

1979 haunts me to this day. 2 things in particular:

1) Hearing "We Are Family" about 6 thousand times during the World Series

2) Hearing Omar Moreno's wife blow that f'ing whistle she had about 10 thousand times.

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is because your NWS forecast says Sunny.  If you had been watching here you would have known :-). 

Today: Bubber > CTP. 

I love CTP and defend them endlessly, but there was ZERO mention of rain for today that I saw.

Having said that, all I see here is sun and smoke. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That's awesome! :)  

A training line of cells is aimed right at you if it survives.   This is exponentially more than I thought today would see at this point.   I thought a few would see .25" type totals.   Radar is lite up from NY down to the Northern LSV. Should probably be some weather statements out. 

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

A training line of cells is aimed right at you if it survives.   This is exponentially more than I thought today would see at this point.   I thought a few would see .25" type totals.   Radar is lite up from NY down to the Northern LSV. Should probably be some weather statements out. 

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

This should be warned. Strong strong winds and heavy torrential rain.

Just now, canderson said:

.25" in 10 mins

I don't know if it's the smoke or what, but I see nothing looming on the horizon. Not even a hint of a darker tint to the sky to my N/NW. 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I don't know if it's the smoke or what, but I see nothing looming on the horizon. Not even a hint of a darker tint to the sky to my N/NW. 

Last radar frame showed it going due south with no east tinge at all so it could skip by to your west.  It was showing some east movement the previous few frames. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Last radar frame showed it going due south with no east tinge at all so it could skip by to your west.  It was showing some east movement the previous few frames. 

I was just going to post that - the cell hitting Canderson now is more less heading directly down Interstate 83 and will miss me pretty far west. There are a couple of smaller cells NE of Harrisburg that might reach me if they hold together, but they are a ways off yet. 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was just going to post that - the cell hitting Canderson now is more less heading directly down Interstate 83 and will miss me pretty far west. There are a couple of smaller cells NE of Harrisburg that might reach me if they hold together, but they are a ways off yet. 

And there is another cluster of cells up near Pillow heading down 11/15.   Those cells in Lock Haven have my name written on them if they can survive for 3 hours.  LOL.   I just had a friend in Camp Hill send me a picture of the NWS logo and his middle finger pointing at it.    Monday softball is cancelled for him. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@sauss06 I didn't really think we'd get close to 90 today, but I'm at 89 now...

Over here the smoke has made a huge difference at this point.  It is solidly "overcast" and bordering on getting a bit dark.  Going to end up the day below normal with a high of 82.   You just got yourself an air quality alert.  NWS also changed your zone to 60% chance of storms. 

• Like 1