• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WX Fan
    Newest Member
    WX Fan

E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

LOL

I know the track will continually change for what is now TS Claudette but I'm leaving this here for those how wish this type of cyclone track could have happened maybe 7 months from now. :lol:

Heard some thunder just after 2am this morning and ended up with 0.16" from a couple cells that rolled through my area around that time.  Currently 66 and partly cloudy.

085859_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Even this early (5:30am), you can just feel/tell today will feel much worse than the past several days. Stagnant, more humid but at least there's a chance of some boomers later this afternoon...

66F / DP 65F 

Picked up .10" overnight. Missed out on storms this week, it was starting to get dry again. Hopefully we'll add a little more to the rain bucket this afternoon. As Birds said, you can feel the change in the air mass this morning. AC goes back on today :(

73F/DP 68F

Got about .10" of rain here as well, a little surprise thunder and lightning around 1:45 am, a couple were pretty close. Very sharp audio as Birds was mentioning the other day with the middle of the night t'storms.

9 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Showers moving in, made it up to 86F beforehand. Now down to 79F with a DP of 70F.

P.S. Glad to see the Cherry Hill radar is working again :D

Looks like 7pm out there w/the clouds/darkness and light showers even though it's 4:30pm.

Glad I cut the lawn early this morning. A/C on, Golf and Phils on, beer on, Summer solstice tomorrow and I may try to BBQ a steak....simple pleasures.

77F / DP 67F  

This summer sucks been like pulling teeth to get a hot day, of course today's 40% shower is a cloudy rainathon now and back in the 70's.

The western mega ridge from hell is screwing summer lovers in the east

• Weenie 1

I made it up to 89 just after 2:15 pm before the clouds rolled in, and started  the downward temp trend. Currently getting some light rain (0.02" so far on top of the 0.16 from very early this morning).  Temp is down to 75 now but dp is 71.  It wasn't too bad an hour ago when I did venture out while the sun was clouded over despite the higher dp.

44 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Showers moving in, made it up to 86F beforehand. Now down to 79F with a DP of 70F.

P.S. Glad to see the Cherry Hill radar is working again :D

LOL  The radar is at Ft. Dix near Browns Mills... almost 30 miles NE of Cherry Hill! :P:P:P

7 minutes ago, RedSky said:

This summer sucks been like pulling teeth to get a hot day, of course today's 40% shower is a cloudy rainathon now and back in the 70's.

It hasn't even started yet! Lol jk of course we started meteorological summer several weeks ago. To each their own though, and I hope you get to enjoy some more hot days, but as someone who primarily works outside in full dress hazmat gear I'll take this week's (and today's) cooldown gladly thankyouverymuch. :)

• Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Hot summer days are for sinners. Backdoor cold fronts, clouds, east winds and the sounds of night time critters is where it's at...

95.jpg

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Hot summer days are for sinners. Backdoor cold fronts, clouds, east winds and the sounds of night time critters is where it's at...

95.jpg

I was literally JUST NOW telling my wife that the countdown to fall starts tomorrow. :)

4 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

Two days in a row above 90, and looking to hit again tomorrow. Two heat waves already this year! Booooo

image.png.2eb0ddfce46a775d7d0ae54c5dec2ff8.png

It looks like something is not quite right with the temp obs out of the Reading area....there was not even 1 reading at any locations outside of the heat island coastal plain at even 86 degrees with any modest elevation. Is your thermometer sited correctly? Is your thermometer located in direct sunlight without a solid fan aspirated radiation shield?? that could explain your high readings??