Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

JTA66

3 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

67F predicted low tonight and I know the DPs will be much higher tomorrow morning which sucks. All this means is I do lawn work starting at 9am or before and piss off the neighbors....maybe by 8am with the V8 gas powered weed wacker and blower.

78F / DP 57F 

How about both at the same time - or two backpack blowers, one in the front and one in the back.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

5 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

67F predicted low tonight and I know the DPs will be much higher tomorrow morning which sucks. All this means is I do lawn work starting at 9am or before and piss off the neighbors....maybe by 8am with the V8 gas powered weed wacker and blower.

78F / DP 57F 

Dang is that a HEMI?

32 minutes ago, RedSky said:

I like the 15' fence as a token defense for the neighbor 

He's been around the block for 20+ years and knows this guys antics and prepared properly. Probably like Mildo's neighbors as he is creating blizzards while no snow is visible in a 50 mile radius...

9 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Most definitely! Dual 4BBL intake and running on nitrous.

This dude taught me everything....he may have posted on this board at some point.

Pure Canadian (probably -20F) powder.  The 30F concrete snow down here would probably break that machine. :P :lol:

I remember for years when a number of coworkers that I had who worked in our MW offices, would laugh at us saying all they did was just sweep away the snow and the plows would just blow it off the highways, so snow was no big deal.  Then climate change started accelerating and they finally started getting slopped and glaciered by marginal temp snow, and fell silent.

As an obs, there was quite a bit of surprising (although shouldn't have been) stratus this morning that is starting to lift.  So far my low has been 69. It's currently 70 and overcast with nasty dp of 69.

ETA - I popped outside to put one of those windshield reflectors up in my car and everything was wettish.  Am not sure if it was due to wrung-out fog/mist/stratus or from actual drizzle at some point overnight.  Whatever it was, it wasn't enough to be measurable for my station.

Just noticed we're under a "hazardous weather outlook". Hoping for that free skywater later today to help with all my watering!

Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ
0430 AM EDT Sat Jun 26 2021

PAZ060-270830-
Berks-

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for Berks County in Pennsylvania.

.DAY ONE...Through tonight.

There is a low probability of widespread hazardous weather.
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, CoolHandMike said:

Just noticed we're under a "hazardous weather outlook". Hoping for that free skywater later today to help with all my watering!

Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ

PAZ060-270830-
Berks-

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for Berks County in Pennsylvania.

.DAY ONE...Through tonight.

There is a low probability of widespread hazardous weather.

And in the middle of configuring a new cable gateway, I finally got chance to look outside and am seeing that "free skywater" here! :lol:  This was unexpected.  A literal little blip that streamed over me giving me a decent little shower.  Am up to 0.13" so far from it.  I'll take! 

I made it up to 79 before the skywater temporarily doused the heat but also added to the humidity, so I am currently down to 74 with a dp of 73.  And the steamy windows have commenced.

32 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Out on the hammock considering if I need a light jacket lol

A while back I put a hammock up in a tree, about 20ft off the ground, since there weren't 2 trees close enough together to tie it between. So I climbed up there with a six pack of beer and a radio, and listened to the Phillies game, and it was good. When I went to climb down it was dark, and climbing down was "different", lol.

I did this a few times and got good at climbing down by swinging from branch to branch out away from the trunk. Good stuff!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

A while back I put a hammock up in a tree, about 20ft off the ground, since there weren't 2 trees close enough together to tie it between. So I climbed up there with a six pack of beer and a radio, and listened to the Phillies game, and it was good. When I went to climb down it was dark, and climbing down was "different", lol.

I did this a few times and got good at climbing down by swinging from branch to branch out away from the trunk. Good stuff!

Yeah I don't do heights or climbing anymore. Wish I could because the adjacent neighbors have been watching a bear lurking on the property. The camping everywhere guy on YouTube calls these hammocks "bearittos" :o

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

What is all this heat talk its cloudy, windy and in the cool 70's here with sprinkles

Today was the transition day to heat....tomorrow a little hotter then an all out BBQ blazing weenie fest Mon - Wed!

I'm completely missing any sprinkles/light rain shower....all to the N and S of me.

86F / DP 71F

• Weenie 1

20 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Today was the transition day to heat....tomorrow a little hotter then an all out BBQ blazing weenie fest Mon - Wed!

I'm completely missing any sprinkles/light rain shower....all to the N and S of me.

86F / DP 71F

We had a little shower around noon, enough to wet the ground. 84F, DP 73 here now.

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Yeah I don't do heights or climbing anymore. Wish I could because the adjacent neighbors have been watching a bear lurking on the property. The camping everywhere guy on YouTube calls these hammocks "bearittos" :o

Lol. I'm with you on the climbing part, not feeling as nimble as before.