Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread

JTA66

6 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Mid 90's in the Seattle and Portland cities already their just gonna bake

2 minutes ago, RedSky said:

104F in Walla Walla Washington just after noon wallawowza damn!

As Glenn mentioned yesterday many places out there don't have A/C which would suck as I'm nice/cool in A/C waiting for the 4pm Phils game...

28 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Pretty impressive blob of precip moving up which may actually affect my area.

Much more radar activity today than I thought would be...

85F / DP 72F  

imay.jpg

I wouldn’t mind getting hit by the blob, it’s getting dry out there again. Kicked up a lot of dust while mowing today. It doesn’t take much for that solstice sun to bake moisture out of the soil.

7 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

I wouldn’t mind getting hit by the blob, it’s getting dry out there again. Kicked up a lot of dust while mowing today. It doesn’t take much for that solstice sun to bake moisture out of the soil.

Little rain here now but looks like the main stuff is to the west....close call.

blob.jpg

We got the barest hint of a sprinkle earlier today, and it's looking like a repeat for tomorrow. Not really digging this heat and humidity without the temporary relief of a solid downpour now and then. We were originally forecasted for isolated T-storms all weekend (which I guess has proven true for other locales) and then stormy early next week. Now I see the storm threat has been pushed to Tuesday. We shall see it if plays out at all.

Of course not close to a 90 here in the western burbs of philly with only a high of 83.9 here in East Nantmeal 84.2 on the Ambient station  and 84.7 on the roof with the Tempest along with 86 at KMQS / 88 at at KPTW and just a wee bit above KMPO with their 83.....the soaring peaks of the Welsh Mountain doing it's magic today!!

10 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Damn, I could go for a good T-storm...

82F / DP 71F

A couple of days ago, the forecast called for rain/t-storms for each day this week, starting today. Yesterday the storms were pushed back to Tuesday. It has now changed to maybe some rain on Thursday. I get that forecasting is an incredibly difficult endeavor, but that's borderline ridiculous. I mean, why even bother? Rhetorical question. It's just disheartening as a rain/snow lover to continuously see my hopes for a downpour/blizzard dashed again and again and again. /rant

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, CoolHandMike said:

A couple of days ago, the forecast called for rain/t-storms for each day this week, starting today. Yesterday the storms were pushed back to Tuesday. It has now changed to maybe some rain on Thursday. I get that forecasting is an incredibly difficult endeavor, but that's borderline ridiculous. I mean, why even bother? Rhetorical question. It's just disheartening as a rain/snow lover to continuously see my hopes for a downpour/blizzard dashed again and again and again. /rant

Yep, I noticed that as well.

T-storms are/were kind of a reward to a shitty HHH day. Growing up playing sports (wiffle ball outside etc) it was clockwork...long hot/humid day T-storms usually roll in the late afternoon. Many times a couple rounds. Many overnight T-Storms as well. Now I can't buy one... 

• Weenie 1