Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season Tracking Thread

WxWatcher007

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I agree with this. Interaction with Cuba will be key but at this speed it’s only gonna be over land a couple of hours at max. I think it may explode once back over the gulf

Seems to be how they go in recent years. 

• Like 1

It looks like it is gonna pass over that island just south of Cuba then Cuba itself. It seems to have taken a slight wobble to the west putting it more in line with that island. I don’t know the elevation of that island, but I suppose that could dampen Ida a bit, for a while.

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

It looks like it is gonna pass over that island just south of Cuba then Cuba itself. It seems to have taken a slight wobble to the west putting it more in line with that island. I don’t know the elevation of that island, but I suppose that could dampen Ida a bit, for a while.

about 100 amsl along the coast, up to near 1000 on the north side of it

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mappy said:

about 100 amsl along the coast, up to near 1000 on the north side of it

Well that seems like it could certainly at least slow what appears to be a rapidly deepening system. Of course it won’t be over land very long regardless of it’s path 

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

ill wait until the eye clears out and we get some sweet stadium effect going on 

Don't you wish we could sit on the top most row of that just once and see all the way to the bottom?  That is until we get sick from the spinning like the playground spinning wheel thingy

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

Well that seems like it could certainly at least slow what appears to be a rapidly deepening system. Of course it won’t be over land very long regardless of it’s path 

thats the elevation for that little island before the main one. 

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

Don't you wish we could sit on the top most row of that just once and see all the way to the bottom?  That is until we get sick from the spinning like the playground spinning wheel thingy

being on Miss Piggy during a recon flight would be great. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I'm honestly not sure it would make any appreciable difference in the strength at landfall on the Gulf Coast whether it got shredded or not because it would still explode once it got over the Gulf.

correct

• Like 1