Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Warm Season Thread 2021

wxeyeNH

11 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I was there with 4 kids so she didn’t have it all to herself. ;)  

Trust me, I get wanting to protect your personal info...but if you ever see someone on the slopes rocking a mean snow plow and a rather large blue down jacket...and No (ski) Poles...then you most def saw me :)

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Congrats Freak.

Feeling decent about 6" for the ski area.  I think 2-M still is too warm down under 1,500-1,000ft for significant accumulations.  But from 1,500ft and up hanging out at the ski area all day starting at 5am tomorrow, should be a fun event to watch unfold.

My call was 3-6" wet snow at most elevations, spot 7-8" possible summits. We'll see how it goes.

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Feeling decent about 6" for the ski area.  I think 2-M still is too warm down under 1,500-1,000ft for significant accumulations.  But from 1,500ft and up hanging out at the ski area all day starting at 5am tomorrow, should be a fun event to watch unfold.

My call was 3-6" wet snow at most elevations, spot 7-8" possible summits. We'll see how it goes.

BTV more optimistic.  Gives you a foot at the summit.  8" at mt ellen.

https://www.weather.gov/btv/mountain_enhanced?loc=MOUNT MANSFIELD

4 minutes ago, Hitman said:

BTV more optimistic.  Gives you a foot at the summit.  8" at mt ellen.

https://www.weather.gov/btv/mountain_enhanced?loc=MOUNT MANSFIELD

Yeah they've been pretty optimistic in some of these all winter.  I definitely lean conservative and in a year like this it has worked out very well, lol.

Time to make hay is tomorrow morning.  Good H7 fronto along a good thermal gradient and the meso-models show some prolonged convergence at H7 along that thermal boundary.

hrdps-neng-z700_speed-7282000.thumb.png.3fab5c438493e511d0c113afa06a0588.png

17 minutes ago, bwt3650 said:

Latest nam run is garbage too...wow at the back and forth with these runs..it delays the change-over...so only hope is elevation does it’s thing a little sooner.

The latest NAMs also seem weaker and have spottier precip along with a dryslot it looks like. High bust potential with this one. 

28 minutes ago, bwt3650 said:

Latest nam run is garbage too...wow at the back and forth with these runs..it delays the change-over...so only hope is elevation does it’s thing a little sooner.

I still like 3-6” for the ski areas, there’s a reason I went that route.  3” is a pretty low floor for high elevation given that cyclonic flow. The chances of a high bust like 8-12” are definitely diminishing. My guess is the ski areas report a 3-6” event with still a chance at some 7-8” amounts at the summits by Friday morning with the continued upslope flow.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Our last day out there today. We are headed south for April.

BW may be able to hang on for the weekend, but they are done if the 1-2 inches of rain with high dews pans out tomorrow.

Bare spots opening up on trails, and they tend to shut trails down earlier than the Cannons of the world.

Probably my last weekend up here too...it’s been a fun ride...Less time up north next year, but hopefully, more snow. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Our fav is zealand, to diamond ridge, to deception bowl or Darby’s drop. 

I peeked at Deception Bowl and Darby's drop since I ski past them doing Perimeter to Water Tank...they were still open...but I dare not venture on a lack Diamond...I'm not stupid! 

1 minute ago, #NoPoles said:

I probably did that run 5 or 6 times, did another handful of runs just under or to the right of Bethlehem...was out from 1145-345, was a solid day!

Then we definitely crossed paths!

Shame the Gondola shut down. We were finally going to have lunch at the Rosebrook Lodge after a whole season of skiing. It kinda sucks when they shut down the Gondola and stop running the Zephyr. Cuts off like half the mountain.

• Like 1

Just now, #NoPoles said:

I peeked at Deception Bowl and Darby's drop since I ski past them doing Perimeter to Water Tank...they were still open...but I dare not venture on a lack Diamond...I'm not stupid! 

They are in rough shape right now too. They were better earlier in the season. We skied them today but they were more annoying than fun given the conditions.

If you haven't tried Zealand off the gondola, give it a try (next season, probably). It is a diamond but they groom it really well, and it is not that steep. Basically the part right off the lodge you can see is the most steep. It's a neat run with great views.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Then we definitely crossed paths!

Shame the Gondola shut down. We were finally going to have lunch at the Rosebrook Lodge after a whole season of skiing. It kinda sucks when they shut down the Gondola and stop running the Zephyr. Cuts off like half the mountain.

I'm sure we did, there wasn't that many people out there and we all were riding Bethlem. I saw a few family groups. I was skiing by myself 2/3 of the time, beginning 1hr or so my friend was with me. I took a few pics for a family at the top of Bethlehem, they wanted to get Mt Washington but couldn't do it as a selfie, so I helped them out. Would be funny if it was your family!