Voyager

Central PA - Spring 2021

3 minutes ago, FHS said:

that path i mention is also great for finding chicken of the woods and morels in a few weeks , Just make sure to leave some for fhs

I did not get out of my car in that section so did not see the Beavers but the large mud pit shocked me a bit.  I did not notice it when driving by there a couple months ago.  Was probably talking or something. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I did not get out of my car in that section so did not see the Beavers but the large mud pit shocked me a bit.  I did not notice it when driving by there a couple months ago.  Was probably talking or something. 

It could be lower than usual but in past years beaver creek runs right through  the center of the circled part of the picture, and its just all sediment in the winter there with small creeks running through it. It should have looked like a mud delta when you saw it.

3 minutes ago, FHS said:

It could be lower than usual but in past years beaver creek runs right through  the center of the circled part of the picture, and its just all sediment in the winter there with small creeks running through it. It should have looked like a mud delta when you saw it.

well it should have not looked like that today but that is the normal look from around 3rd week November until late Feb.

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

you can not see the beavers from the roads you need to walk around the circled inlet  for about 30 mins to get to them but its a great small hike. beautiful rock and tree lichens, edible mushrooms, beavers, and lots of low lush green plants and moving water on that trail. Its best off trail in that part so go soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paweather said:

Well until 2021-22 Adios Amigos unless something Tropical occurs. Hope everyone has a good spring and summer! Thanks for putting up with me. :D

See the source image

Met Spring is 10 days away from being half over so winter will be here before you know it :-). 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Spring to me has seemed to be void of very many "spring like" days in recent memory, but no so thus far this year. Yet another beautiful day today! 

We said the same thing on our walk this morning. Spring is usually like 2 days long. 

• Like 1

Hear ye hear ye!  Mount Joy Snowman decrees to the board that he has labored over every model, studied every almanac, and spoken to every Seer, and after rigorous deliberation of the foregoing, he hereby declares snow season over for the LSV.  It brings him no joy to make this proclamation but he has the authority to do so because, well, he is the self-anointed Snowman of Mount Joy, a title with limitless power.  In honor of this declaration, let's hear your 2020/2021 seasonal snowfall totals.  I shall start by announcing a grand total of 33.4 glorious inches.  Fire away friends!

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Hear ye hear ye!  Mount Joy Snowman decrees to the board that he has labored over every model, studied every almanac, and spoken to every Seer, and after rigorous deliberation of the foregoing, he hereby declares snow season over for the LSV.  It brings him no joy to make this proclamation but he has the authority to do so because, well, he is the self-anointed Snowman of Mount Joy, a title with limitless power.  In honor of this declaration, let's hear your 2020/2021 seasonal snowfall totals.  I shall start by announcing a grand total of 33.4 glorious inches.  Fire away friends!

I see snow on the GFS :-) 

PS-55"ish for my total. 

53 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

35.2" final total here in historic Maytown, Pa. 

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

i have 33.5" but i believe i missed.

I should run and get lawn fertilizer with the rain that is incoming 

Wait rains coming? When?

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I see snow on the GFS :-) 

PS-55"ish for my total. 

Yeah your area down 10-20 miles from the m/d line East to Huffman was the jackpot for our area.   Layer around me were generally 35–45” range. Congrats you snow hog !

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Once you pass 50" it all becomes a blur, doesn't it? :) 

Certainly if it all came in a short period.  I never want to have 50" of snow to shovel. 

This is my see you next winter post.   Seasons are changing and so is my work schedule. I’m now going to be running 2 golf courses this year.  Not sure what I’ve got myself into.  :axe:  Anyway, I had a great time tracking with everyone here this past winter.  I’ll stop in from time to time if there’s anything significant to report.  Everyone have a great summer!

Joe 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Yeah your area down 10-20 miles from the m/d line East to Huffman was the jackpot for our area.   Layer around me were generally 35–45” range. Congrats you snow hog !

I think we both live in a potential sweet spot for that common Miller A like track.  West of us is usually too far west and too far east it more often taint town though those Easterners have the potential for those old fashioned off the shore situations that have not materialized much in the last few years. 

2 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

This is my see you next winter post.   Seasons are changing and so my work schedule. I’m now going to be running 2 golf courses this year.  Not sure what I’ve got myself into.  :axe:  Anyway, I had a great time tracking with everyone here this past winter.  I’ll stop in from time to time if there’s anything significant to report.  Everyone have a great summer!

Joe 

Hopefully you are not back posting pictures of brown turf like last year (hopefully for you and me).

34 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

This is my see you next winter post.   Seasons are changing and so is my work schedule. I’m now going to be running 2 golf courses this year.  Not sure what I’ve got myself into.  :axe:  Anyway, I had a great time tracking with everyone here this past winter.  I’ll stop in from time to time if there’s anything significant to report.  Everyone have a great summer!

Joe 

Thanks Joe, hope you have a great summer. I need to get back into golf again...shame I threw my clubs into the pond at Cool Creek years ago...

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Will there be enough clearing early enough? 

Just now, sauss06 said:

That is what i was wondering. 

I was thinking there is a chance because it will probably not get below 50 tonight so just the airmass with no sun is going to be 70ish you would think. The 12Z hrrr really depicted   the "clouds will win" path though keeping it in the 60's. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT hit 80 tomorrow? 

The models really seem to deny yinz a legitimate shot at that. We’ll get there in Pittsburgh, hell we’ll be close to it today.

9 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

The models really seem to deny yinz a legitimate shot at that. We’ll get there in Pittsburgh, hell we’ll be close to it today.

Grab a siesta and have a pop out there while we drink a soda over here :-).  We are up to 74 here at my locale. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was thinking there is a chance because it will probably not get below 50 tonight so just the airmass with no sun is going to be 70ish you would think. The 12Z hrrr really depicted   the "clouds will win" path though keeping it in the 60's. 

Yep, a mild start will help for sure. 

73.2 here currently. Yet another fine spring day.