Central PA - Spring 2021

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Was worried that lack of 12Z GFS chatter meant the heat was trying to slip back in but then saw this mid day super front passage FTW.  More firewood.   Take that Astro Summer. 

Yes indeed, that frontal passage is a gem.

Was worried that lack of 12Z GFS chatter meant the heat was trying to slip back in but then saw this mid day super front passage FTW.  More firewood.   Take that Astro Summer. 

image.png.dc6bf0a268bc4680b8f83b25d0dec3d3.png

Is that calling for highs not to reach the 60’s in late June?

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Actually highs would be earlier in the day....but yes mid day temps around 60 and not moving up front there.  

Ah, not even the old midnight high, MDT gets to 73 ahead of the front.

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, I checked that first.  Mid night around 70 then mid morning temps in the mid 70's before the heat is cracker jacked. 

Neither my record low max of 56 or record low of 39 are within reach that day. Oh well, it was worth a look.

Those are some cold June 22nd records. 

Incredibly, the high of 56 was the first day of 3 in a row in 1972 that didn’t get above 56. The 39 (1992) is the latest 30s on record in Pittsburgh by 11 days and followed a high of 54 the day before.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Incredibly, the high of 56 was the first day of 3 in a row in 1972 that didn’t get above 56. The 39 (1992) is the latest 30s on record in Pittsburgh by 11 days and followed a high of 54 the day before.

Sounds like some years had the idea of punking the first day of Astro Summer. 

It depends on who is watching.  If Voyager makes the call we may pay :-).   But in our defense we just hoped for cold/cool weather without belittling anyone in the process.   

Wouldn’t be surprised if we pay for this long before October. There’s a lot of heat out there if it ever gets a chance to come east.

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

EC is cold considering it is the EC after the front passage next week.  Portends to more 40's possible.    Both EC and GFS are way too dry (LSV, not W PA)  for my liking through 240. 

GFS at least brings a solid inch to most of PA with that front. Euro looks bone dry for some areas.

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am just not feeling comfortable with just an inch forecast over 240 hours.  That is bare minimum this time of the year. 

Yeah, you guys are doing much worse with precip than we are this month and we’re a hair below average (well officially anyway, some of us out here got a lot of rain in that pop up storm regime). 1” per 10 days will just exacerbate that.

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

It depends on who is watching.  If Voyager makes the call we may pay :-).   But in our defense we just hoped for cold/cool weather without belittling anyone in the process.   

I'm watching... :ph34r:

I need to move back to AZ asap.

3 hours ago, canderson said:

So I fly home Monday night. What’s this tropical stuff I have seen in passing? 

Climo says southeast of i95 favored for remnants.  H5 mostly agrees but one thing I do like is the 2nd reinforcing trough is dropping in behind  west northwest of our energy instead of on top.  If timing is decent it could help pull it further north . Intensity/ speed / trough interaction crucial but still time for changes .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Climo says southeast of i95 favored for remnants.  H5 mostly agrees but one thing I do like is the 2nd reinforcing trough is dropping in behind  west northwest of our energy instead of on top.  If timing is decent it could help pull it further north . Intensity/ speed / trough interaction crucial but still time for changes .

I’ve been paying attention down here (to see if the wedding will be in a TS) but haven’t looked at any steering conditions after Saturday night. Thanks.  .