Total Members
    Most Online
    alexmiller
    Newest Member
    alexmiller

Presidents Day Snowstorm OBS Thread 2/15/21

I-40 westbound at 440 is closed.

s7TMR3f.jpg

Nashville is having it's problems but I'm impressed with the amount of road scraping they are trying to do.  Memphis on the other hand, I have not seen any evidence of a plow yet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shocker0 said:

32 currently and heavy rain. Doesn't get much worse than that in winter. Missed a huge snowfall opportunity

HDoubT.jpg

I feel you on that one. Heavy rain just started here and the temp went up to 32.9. Glad it's not more ice. I hate all the tree clean up. Already have some from the snow.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, John1122 said:

I feel you on that one. Heavy rain just started here and the temp went up to 32.9. Glad it's not more ice. I hate all the tree clean up. Already have some from the snow.

Yeah I should say short of ice/freezing rain, 32.6 degrees and rain is no fun. But definitely better than 31 and rain.

3 hours ago, jaxjagman said:

Ice

-6-Tom-Hensley-Facebook.png

Me too, got about 1.5-2” of sleet as the bottom later with some snow on top.  Roads are gonna be a mess from the sleet layer for a few days.  It’s so cold when you walk around on it the sleet layer doesn’t give in at all

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

Knox County schools going virtual when we'll get jack diddly squat of frozen.  :facepalm:

Maybe for the potential flash freeze? It is pretty wet. Don't know if the wind will dry it up before the cold though. 

Lightning! Had to wait a long time to hear the thunder though! 42 degrees and pretty heavy rain

9a9d9668bc167b15d397fbf0e37d5176.png

I heard the thunder at my house

• Like 3

Crossville looks to have rapidly fallen about 9 degrees and appear to be back in the freezing fog. I figure that will be here soon.  I got up to 36 at the height of the heavy rain and have settled back to 34 right now. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Crossville looks to have rapidly fallen about 9 degrees and appear to be back in the freezing fog. I figure that will be here soon.  I got up to 36 at the height of the heavy rain and have settled back to 34 right now. 

We went from 41 to 30 in 20 minutes.  That was about an hour ago and hadn't had a chance to look again yet. Crazy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shocker0 said:

We went from 41 to 30 in 20 minutes.  That was about an hour ago and hadn't had a chance to look again yet. Crazy

I looked at obs and the wind went west at 16 with gusts to 28 and it went 40, 35, 33, 31 in about 15 or 20 minutes.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, John1122 said:

I looked at obs and the wind went west at 16 with gusts to 28 and it went 40, 35, 33, 31 in about 15 or 20 minutes.  

Yep it rose from 34 to 41 in about 45 minutes and dropped even quicker.