• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    alexmiller
    Newest Member
    alexmiller

2/14- 2/16 Winter Storm and Arctic Cold

Stepped outside and the roads in my subdivision are already like a skating rink.  Lots of freezing drizzle has been falling with a little bit of sleet mixed in.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Utvols235 said:

Has anyone kept up with how things currently look vs how the models had them at this point?

Looks to me like all but one of the models I watched and those I shared were spot-on so far. Actually less precipitation here than even the accurate models had forecast. NWS has had Lincoln County in minimal impact status for 2 days. So far, correct!

3 minutes ago, Sweetpea Farms said:

Looks to me like all but one of the models I watched and those I shared were spot-on so far. Actually less precipitation here than even the accurate models had forecast. NWS has had Lincoln County in minimal impact status for 2 days. So far, correct!

HRRR looks good to me,guy from NASHVILLE severe said it was to cold.Maybe he needs to do more experiments with his balloons before going public 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PowellVolz said:

FYI.... it’s around 33-34 In my area. Only made it to 36 and the high was supposed to be 42. Not worried as of now but I will say my DP has fallen off to around 29-30 degrees. It’s possible this might start as sleet or ZR in the northern valley.

On WxUnderground, I am seeing stations at or below freezing on the north and northwest sides of Knoxville.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Sweetpea Farms said:

Dry in southern Lincoln County. We are pretty much gonna get passed by tonight unless there is more development that I just don't see. So far, it's what I thought. We'll see about tomorrow.

Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 7.01.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 7.03.26 PM.png

Sweetpea, I'm just southeast of huntsville in Owens Cross Roads.  Looking like most of this is staying just west of us, which is fine with me.  I don't mind snow, but I don't want anything to do with ice.  Are you thinking the same?

• Like 1

Currently setting at 33° here in Knoxville, near Pleasant Ridge road and Clinton Hwy. Temps have fallen steadily within the last 4 hours... was at 40 earlier this afternoon. Humidity currently setting at 91%, DP at 31°

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shocker0 said:

Similar to John here but no power issues luckily. Temperature down to 27 after only topping out of at 29. If the temperatures continue to stay well below advertised like the last few days, tomorrow will be a nightmare here with ice. The grass is even slippery now and we haven't had any real precip other than sprinkles

MiDfm5.jpg

I actually slipped in my yard just from the drizzle all day.  A complete glaze of ice on everything.  Taking dog out patio is very dangerous. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jaxjagman said:

Yeah,IP here now,hopefully the fools on the road will be safe or t-dot might light up

People are haulin ass on I-65 in that sleet.  There have already been several multi-car crashes around Nashville and the show is just barely getting started.  :facepalm:

• Like 1

People have no common sense.  When it’s below freezing and there’s stuff falling from the sky, you slow the ef down.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, WestTennWX said:

Radar starting to fill in.  It will be interesting to see how some of the short term models handle this first wave

febsnow1.PNG

Yeah,HRR showed this going west of Nashville

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

Friend in Paris says this is starting as sleet despite the p-type radar indicating snow.

HFYKAcX.jpg

Yeah,i seen some reports of sleet and snow but most are sleet,radar isnt doing very good

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

Friend in Paris says this is starting as sleet despite the p-type radar indicating snow.

HFYKAcX.jpg

I was wondering how close some of the p-type algorithms are to actual conditions  on the ground. The progression of this Arctic air has been  a gem to watch unfold. 

• Like 4

T-DOT:

Extremely Hazardous
Interstate 65 both directions in Williamson County - Between MILE MARKER 53 (Mile Marker: 53) and MILE MARKER 74 (Mile Marker: 74), extremely hazardous winter road conditions were reported at 2/14/2021 8:20:00 PM with motorists advised to use caution on this roadway.

• Like 1

23 and sleet in Columbia.  Spent all day getting a very thin coat of ice from freezing mist so the sleet is very much welcome as opposed to the alternative.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

HFYKAcX.jpg

Edit:  RadarScope shows pink, so it's picking up on the sleet.

Still light sleet in bolivar as well, sitting at 18 degrees.