• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Major LES Events- Feb 5-?

Just now, Thinksnow18 said:

I’m confused. The NWS has nothing about dry air. In fact it speaks of ample moisture...there’s a shortwave nearby and has moisture with it...not sure why the NAM shows it, hell even Todd debunked it...

It’s something that has to given credence at this still early juncture. There’s gotta be a reason why models are not overly bullish wether it is moisture or too high of wind speeds. At least we know it’s not a frozen lake. I feel like 6-12” is a good call right now for this event, can always adjust upwards if need be but I’m not seeing anything that’s making it look like it’ll be a blockbuster atm. 

HRRR extended has a nice band cranking by 5-6pm Friday and already outputting 3” by the end of the run at 8pm.  That keeps going in the same spot all Friday night and into Saturday... could be some big totals.  As mentioned the winds reducing ratios could drop the snow total but still this setup is starting to look very promising!

2B91499F-5D69-406F-9A47-4EA6CDFFC55A.jpeg

1 hour ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

HRRR extended has a nice band cranking by 5-6pm Friday and already outputting 3” by the end of the run at 8pm.  That keeps going in the same spot all Friday night and into Saturday... could be some big totals.  As mentioned the winds reducing ratios could drop the snow total but still this setup is starting to look very promising!

2B91499F-5D69-406F-9A47-4EA6CDFFC55A.jpeg

I could see this happening with the strong winds often creating that double band structure..