Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 24-26th Something Potential

Chicago Storm

58 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

Final call DAB+ sunday, 5.5 monday

Just catching up. Why so conservative on the intial WAA event Saturday Eve ? The main event still has a lit of ups and downs to ride but your call seems legit hopefully on the lower end of the spectrum.

encouraging write up with a reasonable perspective from LOT:"STILL TOO EARLY FOR A SNOWFALL AMOUNT OFFERING, BUT GIVEN THE  
DEGREE OF MOISTURE WITH THIS SYSTEM AND WHAT APPEARS TO BE A   
DECENT REGION OF DEFORMATION SNOWFALL TOWARDS MONDAY EVENING, THE   
POTENTIAL CERTAINLY EXISTS FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL AMOUNTS (>6")   
IN THE FORECAST AREA, JUST STILL QUITE A FEW MOVING PARTS TO NAIL   
DOWN YET."

12 minutes ago, Baum said:

I'm not so sure 3" in Cary is that much of a lowball. But any guess on amounts is still just a dart throw at this stage.

Lowball. Shift Alek's call up to Cary then you're fine.

But agree, too early to call amounts. There are still too many things that can go wrong on this one, almost as many things that can still improve.

Just now, mimillman said:

I don't think low track going to come much further north, but I do think QPF is underdone.

Is slower timing allowing more influence from northern piece to keep it from coming further north? Initially models were showing a stronger northern wave suppressing system altogether but that changed.

10 minutes ago, mimillman said:

I don't think low track going to come much further north, but I do think QPF is underdone.

Tone sincere, your post have been good and joe started the thread but you were first to hype this in the medium range thread so it's yours to win

Now back your regularly scheduled programming, I fully expect subsidence hell as fgen band stays 8 miles south 

• Thanks 1