• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major LES event-December 24-27

Upstream has me concerned how much longer this will stay over the metro.  Feeder bands are drying out pretty quick.  Can see a slight ripple with a possible wind shift heading over the lake from near Ling Point.  Can also see what looks like a new band trying to setup on a due west flow into Southern Tier where main SW band was being fed from... 

E71ED8AE-86AA-41D0-9E75-9E293E90C5EF.gif

12 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Upstream has me concerned how much longer this will stay over the metro.  Feeder bands are drying out pretty quick.  Can see a slight ripple with a possible wind shift heading over the lake from near Ling Point.  Can also see what looks like a new band trying to setup on a due west flow into Southern Tier where main SW band was being fed from... 

E71ED8AE-86AA-41D0-9E75-9E293E90C5EF.gif

The opposite is happening, band is going further north. Should drop back south around 2-4 pm.

Looks like things are petering out but I more than got my fill. Smashed right through the heart of those solid yellows for the last hour (pembroke through Akron and then Clarence). All the backroads had a good 8-12 inches on them, perfect for romping in the 4x4!!

Now I’m Sitting at a rite aid on Transit. Probably will just make my way home as I think the show is winding down. Chasing in broad daylight is a million times nicer than at night. 

• Like 6
  • Weenie 1

Just now, DeltaT13 said:

Looks like things are petering out but I more than got my fill. Smashed right through the heart of those solid yellows for the last hour (pembroke through Akron and then Clarence). All the backroads had a good 8-12 inches on them, perfect for romping in the 4x4!!

Now I’m Sitting at a rite aid on Transit. Probably will just make my way home as I think the show is winding down. Chasing in broad daylight is a million times nicer than at night. 

Get any good vids?

NYZ001-002-010-011-085-261915-
Southern Erie-Orleans-Genesee-Niagara-Northern Erie-
1130 AM EST Sat Dec 26 2020

...A BAND OF LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL AFFECT NORTHERN ERIE...
SOUTHEASTERN NIAGARA...SOUTHERN ORLEANS AND NORTHERN GENESEE
COUNTIES...

At 1130 AM EST, A band of lake effect snow producing snow fall rates
of 2 to 3 inches per hour was located from near Hamburg to Alden to
Batavia on the southern flank, and from near Grand Island to Rapids
to Medina on the northern flank.

Locations under the core of this heavy snow band include the City of
Buffalo, the Buffalo Airport and towards Akron and Oakfield. This
band of snow has reached its northern extent, and will remain nearly
stationary through the noontime hour. During the early afternoon the
snowband will begin to settle southward.

Winds in excess of 30 mph are possible with this band of lake effect
snow which will create blowing and drifting to the snow. A rumble of
thunder is possible with the most intense portion of the snowband.

16 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The opposite is happening, band is going further north. Should drop back south around 2-4 pm.

Yep BW is spot on...the snow rates are about 1 to 2 inches an hour  now and not as consistently heavy, in fact about 30 minutes ago I saw a peek of the sun where the clouds thinned a bit. I’m still in line for about 10 to 12 so I’m not at all complaining...but it also shows that extra 5 miles the models never show as thus is in southern Niagara as well as I don’t believe any models had that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1