• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate/Eastern New York

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I hope the first one works out for the 95 crew and the next one does the same for us.

I think that's what might end up happening, however with the airmass and high, the latter can come pretty far NW and still end up being a massive hit for NYC while letting us get the goods as well.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

I think that's what might end up happening, however with the airmass and high, the latter can come pretty far NW and still end up being a massive hit for NYC while letting us get the goods as well.

Good point. I was thinking the same. I would say the odds of us getting at least SOME snow and white on the ground are increasing. Areal coverage across the NE increasing as well.

21 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Even here in Sullivan I do get the sneaking feeling this could evolve to give NYC more snow than we will have here. We will have higher ratios here (I'm thinking 15:1 based on the words of Walt Drag), mind you 

4 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

It’s moving more NW with each run. Our area will see accumulation just how much is the question. We’ve seen this show before and normally the I95 crew is crying in the end

I disagree the 30 year averages in NYC and Boston have gone way up while everywhere else goes down. 

https://www.spadalawgroup.com/blog/the-past-15-years-have-been-the-snowiest-in-massachusetts-history.cfm

6 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Even here in Sullivan I do get the sneaking feeling this could evolve to give NYC more snow than we will have here. We will have higher ratios here (I'm thinking 15:1 based on the words of Walt Drag), mind you 

I'd much rather be in Sullivan county. This keeps ticking NW. I've lived the NYC nightmare many times...jackpotted 4 days out only to be pinging or raining watching a crushing on NW webcams

• Haha 1

Just now, Ericjcrash said:

I'd much rather be in Sullivan county. This keeps ticking NW. I've lived the NYC nightmare many times...jackpotted 4 days out only to be pinging or raining watching a crushing on NW webcams

Very good point. Like where I am right now but we are still a day away from having the wave that will become the catalyst for this storm able to be properly sampled 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I disagree the 30 year averages in NYC and Boston have gone way up while everywhere else goes down. 

https://www.spadalawgroup.com/blog/the-past-15-years-have-been-the-snowiest-in-massachusetts-history.cfm

Yeah, but it's because of extreme storms. Thursday NYC can get a foot and still go to rain/sleet. I feel like that's how its going to play out. 

15 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Very good point. Like where I am right now but we are still a day away from having the wave that will become the catalyst for this storm able to be properly sampled 

And to this extent my earliest best reasonable guess is a widespread 6-10+ storm...to a point. it'll be in Wednesday out Thursday. The 20"+ runs seem unlikely unless the storm sits and just parks for a time. It'll be cold too, ratios likely 15:1 or thereabout. No concern for mixing with temperatures likely hovering in the mid 20s by day, going to mid teens by night. Better picture of the situation will start happening by tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

And to this extent my earliest best reasonable guess is a widespread 6-10+ storm...to a point. it'll be in Wednesday put Thursday. The 20"+ runs seem unlikely unless the storm sits and just parks for a time. It'll be cold too, ratios likely 15:1 or thereabout. No concern for mixing with temperatures likely hovering in the mid 20s by day, going to mid teens by night. Better picture of the situation will start happening by tomorrow.

That's reasonable. It has slowed down a bit though so big totals are on the table 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

That's reasonable. It has slowed down a bit though so big totals are on the table 

I'd think localized totals approaching 2 feet aren't out of the question...but they'd be exceptions, not the norm. Entirely plausible to get numerous/more widespread reports of one foot+ totals...or at least double digits 

26 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah but last few years have been horrendous lol My in-laws in CNJ have like 7" over the last 2 years..I guess they are due lol

2017 and 2018(monmouth county)

Screenshot_20201212-095748.png

Screenshot_20201212-095837.png