sorry about that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Mods clogging up the LR thread with banter

smdh

2020 is the winter with no STORM MODE

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I remember one legit one, when I lived in Carroll county. Strong cold front with heavy snow squalls(and thunder) where it melted on the roads for like the first 5-10 mins as temps crashed.

Hmmmm.... did that happen to be the January 25, 1985 event?

13 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Lolz I have the ability to run posters off this forum. Who wants to be next? :bike:

Nobody leaves the board because of someone else...that's the dumbest shit ive ever heard. They just don't want to be here because they don't get their way...babies

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Lolz I have the ability to run posters off this forum. Who wants to be next? :bike:

Sigh. 

1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:

Nobody leaves the board because of someone else...that's the dumbest shit ive ever heard. They just don't want to be here because they don't get their way...babies

Exactly. He randomly says this shit from time to time, out of the blue. It has political undertones, and it's ridiculous. He has claimed several times that the libruls ran Mitch out of here. Mitch is a big boy, and always fit in well here, and I never saw any indications of conflict. He has chosen not to post here for his own reasons, and that's his business. He has pmed me about weather related stuff over the last year or so. Very friendly discourse as usual.

RR is clearly misinformed and a triggered snowflake.

Just do me a solid and argue about it in here and not LR thread please. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

Just do me a solid and argue about it in here and not LR thread please. 

Yeah sorry. but he came with that crap out of nowhere. It was way the eff out there and uncalled for in that thread

There is and was a reason we have kept the Covid stuff to a minimum. RR is right that this is a weather board. Here in this subforum we have tried and want to focus on wx, not other things. 

Letting that other stuff bleed into here only makes things testy. Why some left won’t be known but to a few. They would be welcomed back to add their thoughts on weather related matters and stuff that doesn’t divide. Like ketchup on spaghettios. 

If they don’t want to post anymore then so be it and we move on. But the focus of why we are here is to learn about the weather and share in that experience. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Yeah sorry. but he came with that crap out of nowhere. It was way the eff out there and uncalled for in that thread

You’re fine. He started it and you replied. I hid them all regardless. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

Letting that other stuff bleed into here only makes things testy. Why some left won’t be known but to a few. They would be welcomed back to add their thoughts on weather related matters and stuff that doesn’t divide. Like ketchup on spaghettios.

Ketchup on spaghettios?  No.  Hot dogs?  Yes.

Just now, mappy said:

You’re fine. He started it and you replied. I hid them all regardless. 

Good job, lowly mod!!!

97E473A2-C736-4809-9AC0-3D4044D817EA.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, H2O said:

There is and was a reason we have kept the Covid stuff to a minimum. RR is right that this is a weather board. Here in this subforum we have tried and want to focus on wx, not other things. 

If they don’t want to post anymore then so be it and we move on. But the focus of why we are here is to learn about the weather and share in that experience. 

I completely agree. But RR has some axe to grind apparently. He serves up that crap whenever someone says they miss a certain poster, as if there is some conspiracy going on up in here.

Derailing main threads with shit like that should earn a timeout imo.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BristowWx said:

The Vienna sausages in BBQ sauce are really next level good.  Add a little spray cheese if you need to class it up a bit.  

That’s funny. Somebody brought that up at work today, and that’s exactly what I said. They are good.

44 minutes ago, H2O said:

for a short period of time our forum morphed in to discussion about one of the most interesting natural/ scientific events of our lifetime.. the discussion had major philosophical implications that were in some ways more fascinating than the virus itself.  Its not weather.. but its pretty damn close. 

I really think we should have given covid a pass...

33 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

for a short period of time our forum morphed in to discussion about one of the most interesting natural/ scientific events of our lifetime.. the discussion had major philosophical implications that were in some ways more fascinating than the virus itself.  Its not weather.. but its pretty damn close. 

Don’t make me get in my white van.

Totally joking above, but that was a cruddy thing that happened to your family, especially your son.

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

I clearly missed some antics in here. Mappy, H2O, and WxUSAF might have tidied up, but there’s still some blood splatters on the wall,

You need to start showing up for happy hour. Slacker.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

If you want to use weather to describe things it was like people discussing the 84hr NAM when it was only out to 12. Too many were trying to say what was going to happen without all the data or letting the run happen. Personal bias of “too warm”, “looks tasty” etc crept in and clouded the discussion. 

So the decision was to go storm mode and get back to actual weather. 

If those that left got upset by that then they lost sight of what this message board is supposed to be for. But no one was run off. 

17 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I clearly missed some antics in here. Mappy, H2O, and WxUSAF might have tidied up, but there’s still some blood splatters on the wall,

Credit to mappy. She was like Mr Wolf from Pulp Fiction and got it cleaned up before anyone went guns of the navarrone or superfly TNT 

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

Credit to mappy. She was like Mr Wolf from Pulp Fiction and got it cleaned up before anyone went guns of the navarrone or superfly TNT 

That pulp fiction scene actually happened to me once... 

9 minutes ago, H2O said:

If you want to use weather to describe things it was like people discussing the 84hr NAM when it was only out to 12. Too many were trying to say what was going to happen without all the data or letting the run happen. Personal bias of “too warm”, “looks tasty” etc crept in and clouded the discussion. 

So the decision was to go storm mode and get back to actual weather. 

If those that left got upset by that then they lost sight of what this message board is supposed to be for. But no one was run off. 

Change "NAM" to "DGEX" or "CRAS" and you're spot on!! :lol: