• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    McTrimm
    Newest Member
    McTrimm

MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

23 minutes ago, StormChazer said:

Stuck my fancy meat probe thermometer in my mailbox with the tip sticking out. 

32 Degrees at my house.

This is hilarious.  So many inappropriate jokes came to mind when I read that!!!!  LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lokee said:

Newest HRRR has a foot of snow for Okc overnight 

Wow, no kidding! Drops 3 inches of sleet in North Tulsa as well as a couple inches of snow. Which I'd be more than happy with. But man...10+ inches of snow? Whew!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Waterboy said:

This is hilarious.  So many inappropriate jokes came to mind when I read that!!!!  LOL. 

Hahaha, I thought about how it sounded after the fact lol.

12 minutes ago, StormChazer said:

Hahaha, I thought about how it sounded after the fact lol.

You gave me a idea and I went out and used mine, lol. I had 32 with moderate rain. Wind is really cranking right now. You can hear it outside of the house.

• Like 1

There are multiple reports of over a foot of snow in West and Southwest Texas from this storm. Thundersnow also reported west of Fort Worth with heavy snow. I expect Oklahoma will do well overnight. The surface low is in SE OK now.

Finally have a 32 degree zone on the west side of Tulsa Metro. I am on Hwy 97 between Sapulpa and Sand Springs and have icing occurring on trees., 

Also reading the above I have not seen any sleet and have been on the road since 2030 hours.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OKTWISTER said:

Finally have a 32 degree zone on the west side of Tulsa Metro. I am on Hwy 97 between Sapulpa and Sand Springs and have icing occurring on trees., 

Thanks for the scouting! I may hop on the car and drive over to Skiatook to see what it's like there, no ice yet in Collinsville, must be just a few decimal points above freezing here.

31.6 in Skiatook

32.7 in Tulsa.

Just now, StormChazer said:

Thanks for the scouting! I may hop on the car and drive over to Skiatook to see what it's like there, no ice yet in Collinsville, must be just a few decimal points above freezing here.

At 2353 on KOTV 6 you can see the icing I have at this point. 

• Like 1

Trees are starting to get pretty icy. 2-3 degrees colder and we would have been in real trouble. 

We got down to 32.4 here for an hour or so with moderate rain.  Never observed any ice accretion.  Temperature has been slowly creeping up.  Now at 33.

• Like 1

Trees laying over, still have moderate rain here in Moore Mesonet has us at 32. Street signs  have noticeable ice accumulations 

As the saying goes, strange things happen under strong upper lows. Saw reports of thundersnow in OK.

• Like 1