• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall/Winter Banter - Football, Basketball, Snowball?

John1122

Sports has been a disaster from Volunteer football to Braves base running. The only thing harder than being a Vols fb fan is being a Kansas fb fan. Poll. What's worse.

1. GFS extended

2. Kansas football

3. Atlanta base running

Kansas and Tennessee fans look to NFL/Pro or await basketball season, and pray it's not covid crazy.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2020 at 11:04 AM, nrgjeff said:

Sports has been a disaster from Volunteer football to Braves base running. The only thing harder than being a Vols fb fan is being a Kansas fb fan. Poll. What's worse.

1. GFS extended

2. Kansas football

3. Atlanta base running

Kansas and Tennessee fans look to NFL/Pro or await basketball season, and pray it's not covid crazy.

Screw that extended GFS 

but I could totally relate with Kansas football fans, y’all have had it pretty darn bad.  

But seriously, screw that extended GFS

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, John1122 said:

This day in 1989 we had snow and a high of 36 degrees. November was chilly and of course December was probably the coldest December ever around here. I was at or below freezing for the low every day that month with 24 of those days being in the 10s or lower. Winter spent all it's cold on fall.

That’s interesting John, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mr Bob said:

And so it begins....

If we can get the snow we got out of last year's winter....there will always be hope!

tenor.gif?itemid=8992102

Boys, this might be the year.  We're in the middle of a got-danged pandemic, we're gonna analyze every farkin ensemble of every farkin model run UNTIL WE DIAL US IN A FLIZZARD OF EPIC PERCEPTIONS!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Didn't we watch this same pattern show back in early September? We thought we were getting a front through and CO ended up with a big early season snow. But after that, fronts did start to make it through again. And hey, we've had some pretty good blocking for at least the first half of the month. Maybe we have just a normal crappy La Nina this year and not and Epic Crappy La Nina? :yikes:

Let's do it! I'm happy the Challenge will go forward despite the pandemic. Kansas at Tennessee will be close. We might not know the winner for a couple weeks. Just kidding!

Last I checked the Champions Classic is still on for late Novie. However I think some of the bigger early season tourneys are cancelled.

Big 10 fb starts this weekend. LOL that two of their teams have such high probabilities for the BCS. Really? They haven't even played one snap yet!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John1122 said:

Friend of mine who lives in Oklahoma has been without power for two days due to the ice storm there. They hardly had any wintry weather at all last year. 

It’s crazy how large  that storm was, lots of snow in eastern New Mexico and the Texas panhandle as well.  Hate that Oklahoma got stuck with ice, that’s never fun.  

Olga Oct. 25-29, 2019 brought TS strength winds to West Tenn. Believe it was still designated TS or STS but greater than TD at the time.

Back to current: Zeta caused a couple Halloween decorations to face-plant. We will rebuild, lol!

PS. Dewpoints of 70-72 are quite frankly unacceptable in late October. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

Olga Oct. 25-29, 2019 brought TS strength winds to West Tenn. Believe it was still designated TS or STS but greater than TD at the time.

Back to current: Zeta caused a couple Halloween decorations to face-plant. We will rebuild, lol!

PS. Dewpoints of 70-72 are quite frankly unacceptable in late October. 

Did you notice the pressure drop this morning in Chattanooga, Jeff??

Actually @AMZ8990 my home barometer was sluggish. However I was too. Needed extra coffee. Four days overcast, or the pressure drop?

Sun was nice by afternoon. Then the evening squall with CF almost impressed me. Usually don't get those with the Plateau slowing down things. It was just enough to remind me of a Plains cold front, though a milder version. Still, thumbs up!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

Actually @AMZ8990 my home barometer was sluggish. However I was too. Needed extra coffee. Four days overcast, or the pressure drop?

Sun was nice by afternoon. Then the evening squall with CF almost impressed me. Usually don't get those with the Plateau slowing down things. It was just enough to remind me of a Plains cold front, though a milder version. Still, thumbs up!

The pressure drop, I had saw on Twitter where someone in Chattanooga posted a MB chart and b pressure took HUGE nose dive towards the morning hours.  Folks were complaining about it giving them a headache (old folks problems)

here is the tweet though, could be BS.  Just thought it was interesting when I read it 

https://twitter.com/MadSquire/status/1321851970227970058?s=20

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...