• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall/Winter 20-21 General Observations

John1122

It would he hard to complain about the start of winter imby. The first two weeks I've gotten 3 inches of snow. Two other days have seen snow falling and there's ice/snow in my forecast in the next 48 hours. 

The question becomes is this a one off like the last couple of years where winter peaked in December then went away, or is it a 95-96/09-10/10-11 where winter started early in December and just kept coming back until mid February?

I'll say for here, the December events of the last two years were basically one offs that led into abrupt pattern shifts to unrelenting warmth. This has been multiple wintry events and the pattern looks very favorable again in another week or so after this. 

• Like 1

Snow level with the last gasp band over E TN now is at around 900 feet above the radar beam, which is at about 1100 feet in Morristown. So around 2000 feet and falling. Cameras and reports from NC High country say it is rippin' over there. Maybe Bays Mt. and other areas around that elevation can get in a few flakes before it ends:

giphy.gif