• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall/Winter 20-21 General Observations

John1122

Awesome satellite imagery early this AM that shows some of the local microclimates. What especially stands out to me are the WAA areas in the eastern Valley and the areas up against that N. plateau that normally get a little CADing in in Miller B type systems:

giphy.gif

probably a lot more to learn from a satellite image like this.

• Like 2

Plateau sunset:

iOlmxCC.png

You can hear the wind aloft. Something fun must be going on higher up. I took a short time lapse of the clouds rolling. giphy.gif

You can actually see this cloud formation on the local GOES 16 imagery, at the bottom of the Frozen Head mts.

giphy.gif

Really, just a vividly blue sky, after the drear of late. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Plateau sunset:

iOlmxCC.png

You can hear the wind aloft. Something fun must be going on higher up. I took a short time lapse of the clouds rolling. giphy.gif

You can actually see this cloud formation on the local GOES 16 imagery, at the bottom of the Frozen Head mts.

giphy.gif

Good stuff right there !

3 hours ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Plateau sunset:

iOlmxCC.png

giphy.gif

Great time lapse!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AMZ8990 said:

anybody else see the Bethlehem star tonight?  It was a sight to see.  It’s amazing how close it and mars were

edit:  meant to put this in banter 

My son mentioned this earlier tonight.  I would have loved to see it.  I have an acquaintance that has a super-duper amateur telescope and I wish we could have have finagled our way over there to view it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BNAwx said:

My son mentioned this earlier tonight.  I would have loved to see it.  I have an acquaintance that has a super-duper amateur telescope and I wish we could have have finagled our way over there to view it.

I believe it's supposed to be visible for several nights, so there should be other chances.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BNAwx said:

If what stovepipe said is correct, look Into the Southwest sky just after sunset tonight.  I believe between 6 and 6:30 is the best time to view it

Took a drive to Sparta TN yesterday. Beautiful views of the western edge of the plateau looking towards Cookeville:

GF86KID.png

Also, cool sunrise this AM up here, some cirrus, before dawn, were catching the sun:

BjRczbx.png

I had to tweak the above mage a bit to capture the almost eerie look, due to low light.

Sunrise:

EosRDyc.jpg

• Like 5

Just now, uncheelfan said:

My inlaw are remodeling the the house right there. It has a pool in the back yard.

I know which house you are talking about. I grew up a few houses away, lived there from 1983 - 2007. One of my best friends lived in that house for a while. Good times on that road and the mountain for me! 

I know which house you are talking about. I grew up a few houses away, lived there from 1983 - 2007. One of my best friends lived in that house for a while. Good times on that road and the mountain for me! 
It's a beautiful area for sure!!! I love looking out on the river watching the eagles fly around. It's been a family project now for almost a year. Alot of time spent this past summer updating everything! It's our family getaway home!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks like we have been at or below freezing since about 4:30 Thursday afternoon. Today should warm up into the 40’s, so it will end the streak of freezing or below freezing temps. I’ll have to look back, but I’m thinking it’s been since 2018-2019 since we had a stretch below freezing of that length or greater. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1