Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The "Double Trouble" Banter Thread

Windspeed

13 minutes ago, turtlehurricane said:

That is a very good catch. Almost doesn't look natural. Looks like a plane dumped a bunch of silver iodide in a straight line to seed the clouds... I'm saving the loops and going to talk to the director of the Hurricane Research Division about this. 

There was this thing called project storm fury years ago where they did stuff like this. 

Quoting this since someone hid it bc this post should be seen by everyone.  

• Haha 2

Just now, SnowLover22 said:

@the ghost of leroy also grow the **** up dude. I never said to get rid of him. Think before you escalate something for no reason. All I said is his meteorologist take should be looked at based on the type of posts that he makes. 

you are advocating an ahistorical approach. bad red taggers have always been a draw here. it's the same reason wxtwitter is lit. just appreciate that you are standing on what was built by OGs like turtlehurricane.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, the ghost of leroy said:

you are advocating an ahistorical approach. bad red taggers have always been a draw here. it's the same reason wxtwitter is lit. just appreciate that you are standing on what was built by OGs like turtlehurricane.  

Don’t forget louwxman. A met that never made wx posts. That dude was the house footer upon which turtle was able to have a playroom 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

GOAT

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:
  41 minutes ago, jojo762 said:

Vis Sat kind of makes it looks like a bizarre gravity wave effect. Never seen anything quite like that.

That is a very good catch. Almost doesn't look natural. Looks like a plane dumped a bunch of silver iodide in a straight line to seed the clouds... I'm saving the loops and going to talk to the director of the Hurricane Research Division about this. 

There was thing called project storm fury years ago where they did stuff like this. 

It moved so fast that aircraft dispensing silver iodide can be ruled out imho. Moreover, the track was straight, not wind distorted from what I could see.

Very peculiar indeed.

THIS ONE FROM TURTLE TAKES THE CAKE

3 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

atmospheric science is fake meteorology.

so questions like this 

At 00 UTC on 15 February 2003, the rawinsonde data from Davenport, Iowa indicated a temperature of -4.9 °C at 900 hPa and -16.3 °C at 500 hPa. At the same time the rawinsonde at Little Rock, Arkansas indicated a temperature of 12.4 °C at 850 hPa ad -17.5 °C at 500 hPa. The distance from Davenport, Iowa to Little Rock, Arkansas is 768 km. Assume the height of the 900 hPa pressure level is at 1480 m over Davenport, Iowa and at 1540 m over Little Rock, Arkansas.

fake meteorology am rite