• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Cat Lady
    Newest Member
    Cat Lady

August Discobs 2020

It seems that high and associated dry air is going to do a number on attempts for significant moisture to advance too far north and east. Euro is on its own att, although some of the CAMs have at least a little rain. GFS is now mostly dry north and east of DC.

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

It seems that high and associated dry air is going to do a number on attempts for significant moisture to advance too far north and east. Euro is on its own att, although some of the CAMs have at least a little rain. GFS is now mostly dry north and east of DC.

24hrs ago looked like a lock for 1-2" needed rain up here but now ( .1-.2") looks more likely lol through tomorrow.  Euro has been deadly accurate up here lately with skimpy qpf . This go around likely wayy too wet . I had my doubts with that High wedge and once guidance started trimming back yesterday that was it . I'll take sprinkles and like it.

Weird. Rain now just hits a wall at the Potomac. Euro still has rain, but it is drying up a bit as it approaches us so it's not like it isn't picking up on the drying effect the other models seem to show.

This looks like a Blue Ridge special, with up slope enhancement due to the position of that high and the shortwave focusing the lift there.

3 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

6z Euro continues to trim back :sun:

12z GFS gives your yard a respectable amount of rain. Pretty big shift.

Just prepped and seeded a large section of my back yard. Really hope the next few days are cloudy and wet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Just prepped and seeded a large section of my back yard. Really hope the next few days are cloudy and wet.

Just seeded my fall salads greens. Cloudy, cooler and rainy would be ok with me. Radar looking much healthier the past hour for the DC area. 

Rain so far has been focused on the southern part of the county but light rain just started.  HRRR advertising about 0.5" after all is said and done.  NAM was showing 2"+ yesterday.

Certainly a wait and see situation but a heavy rain/ flooding threat certainly looms in the LR....even if there is no organized TC that gets involved.  That is one deep moisture feed and over a long duration.  D8-15 on the 12z GFS

r7bYo4D.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Weenie 2

^^^Very cool animation.

Also, has anyone noticed that we've gotten precip from all angles this past summer? We've had SE rain. Left right rain, Upper midwest rain, stationary blob rain,  I'm pretty sure we got some rain that came down from New England (hadn't seen that one ever, i think).

• Like 1

Para-GEFS and euro both much more progressive with that front that the GFS is stalling next week.

• Like 1

radar really doesnt look awful...I guess if it were winter lol. Those greens just arent producing much in the way of steady rain...must be kinda dry out

56 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Para-GEFS and euro both much more progressive with that front that the GFS is stalling next week.

Good...Im rooting against heavy rains...the top of my jeep is damaged (my fault) but im afraid if it rains hard itll leak inside some

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

radar really doesnt look awful...I guess if it were winter lol. Those greens just arent producing much in the way of steady rain...must be kinda dry out

It’s been deceptive. Mostly glorified sprinkles despite some greens and yellows on radar.

• Like 1

Tornado Warning for Lunenburg and Mecklenburg VA

Edit: Apparently this started over half an hour ago, and I didn’t notice.

35 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

It’s been deceptive. Mostly glorified sprinkles despite some greens and yellows on radar.

Of course as soon as I posted this it started raining for real.

• Haha 1