Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
COVID-19 Talk

mappy

2 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Finally, common ground! Stop telling parents how to parent their kids.  I will start taking my kids to the playgrounds and send them back to school and play dates with their friends....oh wait the state has decided we can’t do that.  

This is a silly post and you know it.  

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

You seem to have taken my generic post personally. That's on you, not me. I am allowed to have the opinion that not allowing your kids outside for 6 weeks over fear of COVID-19 is pretty bad. I feel like most sane parents would agree. 

Oh please, i know how you roll. your "generic" post wasn't generic at all, you know damn well you were speaking to people here without actually calling them out by name

4 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Finally, common ground! Stop telling parents how to parent their kids.  I will start taking my kids to the playgrounds and send them back to school and play dates with their friends....oh wait the state has decided we can’t do that.  

you haven't had play dates with friends? hell even we have done that. whatcha worried about?

2 minutes ago, Yeoman said:

Kids will do what they are told (hopefully).. I'm speaking of the extremist kooks

fair enough, and i agree. but those kooks where already around before this happened. if anything they will become kookier

5 minutes ago, Yeoman said:

Worse yet are those parents foregoing check ups and immunizations for fear of going into the doctors office when there has been zero evidence of that being an issue. That's the next shoe to drop when kids start getting infections that they could have been immunized for, leading to yet another health crisis.

I think many regular doctors and dentists are encouraging patients...adults and children...to postpone the "regular" checkup type visits for now.  But of course they say feel free to come in if there's some significant issue, which makes sense.  Same for immunizations, they may not have regular visits, but they are encouraging pediatric patients to keep up on the vaccines.  Some doctors are offering video or remote consultation for routine things or concerns that may not be severe, that sort of thing.

You are probably right, there's likely a certain level of fear I'm sure some people have of going in or taking their kid in, right now.

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

Oh please, i know how you roll. your "generic" post wasn't generic at all, you know damn well you were speaking to people here without actually calling them out by name

you haven't had play dates with friends? hell even we have done that. whatcha worried about?

Hey, you can do what you'd like with your kid. I'd rather not know about it.

9 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Apparently only the government can tell some people what they can and can't do with their kids.

1 minute ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

I think many regular doctors and dentists are encouraging patients...adults and children...to postpone the "regular" checkup type visits for now.  But of course they say feel free to come in if there's some significant issue, which makes sense.  Same for immunizations, they may not have regular visits, but they are encouraging pediatric patients to keep up on the vaccines.  Some doctors are offering video or remote consultation for routine things or concerns that may not be severe, that sort of thing.

You are probably right, there's likely a certain level of fear I'm sure some people have of going in or taking their kid in, right now.

This is starting to shift. Hospitals are now strongly encouraging people to seek regular medical care. There has been a spike in people getting seriously sick or dying because they were too scared to go to the hospital or doctor. The media fear mongering of course had unforeseen impacts. Dying from a heart attack is not really "better" than dying from COVID-19...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-hospitals-idUSKBN22E0EP

Our family doctors and dentist have been encouraging us to keep appointments.

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

No, we have.  In fact we are no longer adhering to any of the rules with many others who feel the same way.  However, the point i was making is that i would not presume to tell other parents that they shouldn’t do what they think is best for their kids.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Apparently only the government can tell some people what they can and can't do with their kids.

I’m pretty neutral on when to end the shutdowns.  Doesn’t seem like there is a consensus on when to roll things back and whether or not people will even go back to normal activities quickly.  Obviously a lot of variables and not a lot of certainty about these decisions.  It seems more like a guessing game given this is our first time doing this in recent history.  The one thing that tilts me towards keeping it shut down is watching how much it annoys you, highly entertaining if nothing else. 

Just now, SnowGolfBro said:

No, we have.  In fact we are no longer adhering to any of the rules with many others who feel the same way.  However, the point i was making is that i would not presume to tell other parents that they shouldn’t do what they think is best for their kids.

then im not sure what the point of your post was other than to say you agree that we should let parents parent their kids how they see fit. 

Just now, DCTeacherman said:

I’m pretty neutral on when to end the shutdowns.  Doesn’t seem like there is a consensus on when to roll things back and whether or not people will even go back to normal activities quickly.  Obviously a lot of variables and not a lot of certainty about these decisions.  It seems more like a guessing game given this is our first time doing this in recent history.  The one thing that tilts me towards keeping it shut down is watching how much it annoys you, highly entertaining if nothing else. 

Yes, it must be nice to be so completely insulated from the effects of the lockdowns that you hope they are stretched out as long as possible to make a random guy on the Internet uncomfortable. Nice post!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mappy said:

then im not sure what the point of your post was other than to say you agree that we should let parents parent their kids how they see fit. 

His point was that we legally can't. Hogan says you can't have play dates. Kids can't even leave the house unless deemed "essential."

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Cool. I don't agree with that but if you feel that you need to not follow rules then just do it nowhere near me.

same with you. careful with those computers. 

I didn't get personal with your parenting but you decided to and keep doing it... OK. Is there a reason anyone should take you seriously as the "authority" here?

Like I said, don't let mappy find out anything personal about you or she will make it public and use it to bash you over the head. That's your warning!

• Sad 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

His point was that we legally can't. Hogan says you can't have play dates. Kids can't even leave the house unless deemed "essential."

i'd offer my personal experience but you've told me you dont want to know so ill just ramble on for the sake of posting something more than okay.

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It was just funny to hear someone demand that people not tell them how to take care of their kids.  I have essentially been arguing a position to make life better for my kids and largely been called names and had my opinions disregarded.  That is fine but don’t go around demanding people adhere to asinine and arbitrary rules created by the state and then demand you be left alone.

Just now, PhineasC said:

I didn't get personal with your parenting but you decided to and keep doing it... OK. Is there a reason anyone should take you seriously as the "authority" here?

Like I said, don't let mappy find out anything personal about you or she will make it public and use it to bash you over the head. That's your warning!

you made a generic post and i replied in kind. dont like my replies, then dont read them. 

• Like 2

The point is we are not being allowed parent how we see fit without breaking rules and laws.  

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yes, it must be nice to be so completely insulated from the effects of the lockdowns that you hope they are stretched out as long as possible to make a random guy on the Internet uncomfortable. Nice post!

Yeah I’m just in my ivory tower ordering takeout watching Netflix living in lockdown paradise, it’s awesome, I wish they’d extend it through September.  

Since we are talking about kids right now, Dr. Schneider is on CNN right now, head of Cohen's Children's Medical Center, is seeing a strong surge in Kawasaki disease in kids associated with previous coronavirus infections. Wish I could share the video. I am concerned that we don't know the longer term effects of catching the virus yet. Everyone's free to make their own determinations but things like this lead me to indeed continue being cautious with my kiddo.

1 minute ago, SnowGolfBro said:

It was just funny to hear someone demand that people not tell them how to take care of their kids.  I have essentially been arguing a position to make life better for my kids and largely been called names and had my opinions disregarded.  That is fine but don’t go around demanding people adhere to asinine and arbitrary rules created by the state and then demand you be left alone.

Make sure she never finds out anything about your kids she can use against you. Trust me on this one.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mappy said:

And if you are breaking the stay at home rules, then why the heck are u supportive of them???

1 minute ago, mappy said:

you made a generic post and i replied in kind. dont like my replies, then dont read them. 

Mappy, you are being pretty dishonest here. You know what you did. You can live with knowing you have zero issue using people's personal information that you sleuthed out to win Internet fights. If that's who you want to be, that's your call.

• Haha 2

The point is we are not being allowed parent how we see fit without breaking rules and laws.  

lol.  I should let my kids play with fireworks because the rule is asinine.  Oh wait, thats not allowed because my kids can die because i'm too dumb to be a parent.

You can't parent as you see fit if society has deemed it harmful to the child.

but thats normal without stay at home orders? I mean there are regular rules and laws you have to follow regardless. 

Just now, SnowGolfBro said:

And if you are breaking the stay at home rules, then why the heck are u supportive of them???

supportive of what? stay at home orders? i hate them like everyone else does, but understand its for the best interest. or, at least were. its getting long and drawn out now but ill continue to abide. despite my feelings. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Mappy, you are being pretty dishonest here. You know what you did. You can live with knowing you have zero issue using people's personal information that you sleuthed out to win Internet fights. If that's who you want to be, that's your call.

sounds good, thanks. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic