• Member Statistics

    16,026
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr
    Joined
George BM

April Discobs 2020

Recommended Posts

47 mph wind gust at 2:33.  1.89" rainfall. Looking around Augusta, generally 1 - 2 inches rainfall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can confirm coastal flood   (Baltimore County.)

Not sure if "high tide" means anything, due to the winds continuing to blow out of the southeast until 8pm.

Screenshot_20200430-111938.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bluehens said:

Windiest day of the winter/spring here in northern DE.

I cant remember having wind like this since the last legit tropical remnants came through. Irene maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bluehens said:

Windiest day of the winter/spring here in northern DE.

 

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

I cant remember wind like this since the last legit tropical remnants came through. Irene maybe?

It's the wind that you were denied on April 13th.

 

 

60/57 at IAD with a SE wind of 5kts. Light Rain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I cant remember having wind like this since the last legit tropical remnants came through. Irene maybe?

Definitely impressive, peak gust at Easton Utilities of 50 and I had a gust of 30 at my station that is only 6ft off the ground and relatively sheltered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SnowtoRain said:

Definitely impressive, peak gust at Easton Utilities of 50 and I had a gust of 30 at my station that is only 6ft off the ground and relatively sheltered.

Its actually interesting here being in the woods. You can really get a sense of the strong winds aloft mixing down. Can literally hear the roar up at the the tops of the trees and see them moving violently. I am getting debris in my yard from types of trees I don't have anywhere near the house. My driveway is a mess of branches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Its actually interesting here being in the woods. You can really get a sense of the strong winds aloft mixing down. Can literally hear the roar up at the the tops of the trees and see them moving violently. I am getting debris in my yard from types of trees I don't have anywhere near the house. My driveway is a mess of branches.

I'm probably over 200 miles due south of you and it is as nasty as you say it is here as well. However, not nearly as bad as April 13 when winds gusted over 70 in local areas here. Today it's definitely in the 50 to 55 range. And this is out of the South or Southeast. On the 13th they were roaring from the southwest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stormpc said:

I'm probably over 200 miles due south of you and it is as nasty as you say it is here as well. However, not nearly as bad as April 13 when winds gusted over 70 in local areas here. Today it's definitely in the 50 to 55 range. And this is out of the South or Southeast. On the 13th they were roaring from the southwest.

There were some 50 mph gusts here that day but not as persistent as today. It was worse up this way over in Delaware.  Probably is today too. Would not be surprised to see reports of over 60.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone in the Gaithersburg or Olney/Sandy Spring area have a measured rainfall report?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Radarscope has a general half inch or so across the region. Frederick area is the big winner with 1-2 inches plus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

Is KGAI data not useable? 

It is, but the Gaithersburg to Derwood to Olney/Sandy Spring area is a bit of a data hole for us despite having a rather high flood risk.  Just was curious to know the ground truth vs. radar esimated rainfall.  The rain gauge we have as public safety training academy on Snouffer School Rd reported only 0.17" of rain since 8:00 am this morning but the crew that set up the tipping bucket put it in a pretty terrible area for accurate reporting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems the trend this spring has been for precip forecasts to be modeled much higher than verification, and for eastern sections to get more wind than anticipated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.56" so far IMBY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mappy said:

1.56" so far IMBY

Wow, radarscope's total accumulation is way off then. Has under an inch up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Wow, radarscope's total accumulation is way off then. Has under an inch up there.

1.67 now. thankfully it started raining once my station came back online, so i trust the values its putting out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just hit 1” here in Arlington.  Been steady with a few heavier burts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.45" so far.

Over the years with similar setups I usually don't get the bigger totals with surface and dew temps that stay in the upper 50s or lower .

57/56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.