Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Indiana opened vaccine eligibility to 30+ yesterday.  Interesting timing for that since it was announced just days ago that everyone 16+ would become eligible on 3/31.  I wonder how many people will even realize that age 30+ is eligible a whole 2 days earlier as the bigger headline grabber was what's happening on 3/31.  The only way this makes any sense is if it's to try to lessen the number of people trying to schedule an appointment on 3/31.  

Detroit has a mass-vax center (Ford Field) problem is, many people make appointments and do not show. Anyhow, I contracted C19 this last November. I had a mild case, but still nasty. Pondering if I should get the vax or not? 

3 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Yeah I can agree with that.  I don't really have a problem with other countries requiring US citizens to be vaccinated before allowing them in, and vice versa, but vaccine "passports" within the United States?  We don't do it for any other disease.  Like, you don't have to show proof of vaccination to attend a concert or sporting event.  The vaccine will soon be available to everyone 16+ and is extraordinarily effective at preventing severe enough covid that requires hospitalization.   

It sounds as if people that don't get vaccinated will have the option to show proof of a negative test within 72 hours, to get into things like sporting events and concerts. It would be terrible discrimination if they didn't allow non vaccinated people to go to events, so thankfully it looks as if they will be able to go with proof of a negative test. I do agree that it's ridiculous though. Anyone that feels vulnerable or worried will have the option to be protected by being vaccinated, so I don't see what the big deal is if people are allowed to go to events without having to prove anything. Hopefully when we get to herd immunity, things will calm down and we'll be able to live a normal life without all this nonsense.

11 minutes ago, Nickysixes said:

Folks up here wear the same masks for weeks at a time. Sure that doesn't help wearing your own personal bacteria farm

Apparently the dirty masks decided to be a problem now and not last month when the numbers were falling?

• Like 3

Michigan is providing informative data as far as how much of an increase in hospitalizations you can have in the "vaccinated world" before it affects the death numbers.  The rise in hospitalizations has been ongoing for a few weeks there, and is now almost triple of where it bottomed out, but there has only been a slight increase in deaths so far.  I would expect average daily deaths to continue to increase but hopefully at a slow rate and not peaking too high this time.

51 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Apparently the dirty masks decided to be a problem now and not last month when the numbers were falling?

Some of the reasons people come up with to explain stuff are pretty comical. I wonder how people are going to explain the cases falling in states with no mask mandates and rising in states with them

1 hour ago, winterwx21 said:

It sounds as if people that don't get vaccinated will have the option to show proof of a negative test within 72 hours, to get into things like sporting events and concerts. It would be terrible discrimination if they didn't allow non vaccinated people to go to events, so thankfully it looks as if they will be able to go with proof of a negative test. I do agree that it's ridiculous though. Anyone that feels vulnerable or worried will have the option to be protected by being vaccinated, so I don't see what the big deal is if people are allowed to go to events without having to prove anything. Hopefully when we get to herd immunity, things will calm down and we'll be able to live a normal life without all this nonsense.

Going to concerts and sporting events are a privilege and under the current circumstances, showing proof of vaccination is a reasonable requirement from event organizers. States require seatbelts for the same reason.

People flying to Hawaii need to provide proof of a negative test to bypass quarantine, usually paid for out of pocket and usually >$100 - not sure having to show a negative covid test to go to a concert is really what you want.  Worse than showing that you're vaccinated. 

Indiana's statewide mask mandate ends 1 week from today.  I think a lot of businesses will still require one around here but regardless, I am going to continue to wear one.  Would take some looking into but I wonder if there is another example of a statewide mask mandate ending as cases were steady or rising.  Seems like the other governors that ended the mask mandates did so when cases were falling in their states.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mattb65 said:

Going to concerts and sporting events are a privilege and under the current circumstances, showing proof of vaccination is a reasonable requirement from event organizers. States require seatbelts for the same reason.

People flying to Hawaii need to provide proof of a negative test to bypass quarantine, usually paid for out of pocket and usually >$100 - not sure having to show a negative covid test to go to a concert is really what you want.  Worse than showing that you're vaccinated. 

Would you still want proof of vaccination in June?  August?

8 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Honestly I’d be perfectly fine with that. We haven’t had a similar pandemic of something spread so easily in modern times, so things may be different for awhile.

That's a bridge too far for me.  Besides the logistical issues of such a thing, where exactly are we setting the goal?  0 covid cases and 0 covid deaths?  If you have a crowd of 20,000 packed people who are all vaccinated, you could theoretically still get some covid cases from that since it is not 100% effective against infection.

• Like 1

Let me tell you how hard up I am to get vaccinated, right now have a standing appointment in Lima Ohio to get vaccinated on Saturday. If I find something closer I will take it but at this point I am willing to drive 150 miles one way to get the shot and be done with it.

Just now, schoeppeya said:

Why is that a problem when everybody who wants one has had a chance to get one?

Because everyone won't have a shot by then, at least not June and it is an open opportunity for anti-vax shitheads to have a free out. They don't deserve a free pass.

• Weenie 1

Just now, Stebo said:

Because everyone won't have a shot by then, at least not June and it is an open opportunity for anti-vax shitheads to have a free out. They don't deserve a free pass.

Yeah they will. Everyone who wants and needs one at least. 

Catching covid isn’t a bad enough punishment for you?

11 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Let me tell you how hard up I am to get vaccinated, right now have a standing appointment in Lima Ohio to get vaccinated on Saturday. If I find something closer I will take it but at this point I am willing to drive 150 miles one way to get the shot and be done with it.

How convenient... you can swing by and say hi to Angrysummons when you're done.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stebo said:

I don't want people catching covid because of their own stupidity. Do you?

I honestly don’t care what risks people are willing to accept or not accept and don’t think my own personal risk tolerance should apply to anyone else. 

2 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Well you are an idiot so that would make sense. If we aren't all in this together we all go down on the ship, even if most of us do the right thing.

Calling everybody who pushes back on any of your ideas an idiot makes you sound very intelligent yourself. 

Definitely helps win people over to your side and hop on that ship with you. 

3 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

Calling everybody who pushes back on any of your ideas an idiot makes you sound very intelligent yourself. 

Definitely helps win people over to your side and hop on that ship with you. 

You are obviously not going to listen to voice of reason on this so engaging with you is pointless, just like everyone else that doesn't believe or wants to whisk away the problems of people being anti-vax

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, Stebo said:

You are obviously not going to listen to voice of reason on this so engaging with you is pointless, just like everyone else that doesn't believe or wants to whisk away the problems of people being anti-vax

I’m asking your opinion because I want to listen. I want to see if you can come up with an intelligent or logical answer that doesn’t really on me being an idiot and you being the only one that cares about people. 

I wasn’t even arguing with you. That’s what “reason” is my man. 

The vaccine gives everyone the power to protect themselves if they choose to. I support the vaccine, I’m glad it’s here. I don’t, however, think people should be forced to put it in their arms. That’s “reason”. 

Just now, schoeppeya said:

I’m asking your opinion because I want to listen. I wasn’t even arguing with you. That’s what “reason” is my man. 

The vaccine gives everyone the power to protect themselves if they choose to. I support the vaccine, I’m glad it’s here. I don’t think people should be forced to put it in there arms. That’s “reason”. 

And that is anti-vax thinking, because it allows them to say no when we are in the middle of a pandemic and over 500k people are dead. Allowing people to wait out the clock and not get the vaccine is not what we need at all. Polio, measles, smallpox were all eradicated because everyone got vaccinated.

• Like 2