• Member Statistics

    16,105
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    corvairbob
    Newest Member
    corvairbob
    Joined
MAG5035

Central PA - Spring 2020

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I'm glad my family lives close, most with walking distance. If i have to stay home for 2 weeks, i would go bat shit crazy. this way we can walk back and forth for happy hour

And then go batshit crazy when the happy hour dies lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

the downside is 13 people showed up yesterday (just on a whim) and drank 2 1/2 cases of beer and a jar of root beer moonshine. I'm gonna ration booze like i am TP

I'd ration booze more strictly. You can go wipe your ass with an owl if you absolutely have to. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Voyager said:

Bus drivers... :(

You forgot a tens of millions of other people dude........

How about any hourly worker....

How about anyone in manufacturing.......

How about fully commissioned sales.

How about travel industry

How about the restaurant/bar industry.

How about anyone that supports the state/govt run systems (hourly). 

They say they will get a bail out.  Do you realize how many people are potentially represented above??

Many of us will not get a bail out, and if we don't have a company to come back to work for.....it will not cover the utilities or groceries, so pick one and do without the other (oh, that's assuming we all have our homes paid off and no mortgage.)

Were doing SOOOO much to truly protect sooo few....

Not for 1 second do i diminish the loss of ANY life, but, our actions/inaction's etc will have a much farther reaching long term economic impact to the 10's of milions that will not get bailed out in the private sector.....worse yet, they may not have a job/company to come back to. We need our jobs.

 

I know this will cause me some bashing....don't care.  I'm not going to debate w/ any either.  Its how I feel, and I'm not expecting to have a bunch of likes.  I'm scared shitless right now.  Clients are cancelling so much work....

 

Some facts to back up what may be deemed narrow minded statements:

H1N1 cases https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/yearinreview/yir5.htm

 

 

Image result for how many died from h1n1 in usa

Veteran Suicide -https://iava.org/blogs/2019-national-veteran-suicide-prevention-annual-report/

The Department of Veterans Affairs released its 2019 National Veteran Suicide Prevention Annual Report on Friday which showed that at least 60,000 veterans have died by suicide between 2008 and 2017.

In 2017, more than 6,100 veterans died by suicide, an increase of 2% over 2016 and a total increase of 6% since 2008. During that same time period, the veteran population decreased 18% from 23 million to 19.8 million. 

 

Global Cancer - 2002  - https://ourworldindata.org/cancer

Leading cause of death (2016) (world)

 

 

While it is absolutely necessary to protect the citizens most at risk 65+, and those w/ compromised health, but I'm nauseous at what the death toll of businesses will be.....

How many jobs lost.......

loss of healthcare as a result....... 

Save a spot in the food line for me would ya.....

I've spoken w/ medical professionals, clients, coworkers, and we all think this is crazy and could do much more damage societally then the Covid 19 will ever do. While we differ on the best approach, the millions that you hear that think its overblown, also have underlying fear of losing everything.  Whats the bigger loss in the end? 

Our society cant handle the run on assistance/food/shelter/healthcare for those affected by what I've stated above.  Just think about it outside of your little circles folks.

Futhermore, we are now setting a precedent for every other flue/virus to do this all over again.  We cannot sustain this kind of hysteria every year, and many will not sustain this one.  Private sector is scared shitless right now....and we should be.  When the public sector sees the loss in taxes due to unemployment, they too will feel the burn alright.  

 

Look at the graphs I posted, and study them long and hard before you decide to troll/bash.  No graph above caused mass hysteria or runs on toilet paper FFS.

50% of all that get NCovid 19. (or already have), will likely not even be reported....Imagine how many had H1N1 and didnt report it....and i have a compromised immune system btw.  

Watch what you wish for folks......

Back to the cave.....after I wash my hands.

 

Edited to add sources for Atomix and any other who thinks I make this terrible stuff up...wow.  The rest is me myself and the opinions of many that i respect. 

One a head ER nurse at Wellsboro solders and Sailors hospital

One Advance EMT at same hospital.

Owner of Hiltz propane systems

local pizza shop owner (Sals).

And many just normal worker bees like myself who are concerned. 

The web is full of information.  Took 5 min to find my sources.  

Continue w/ your panic.....

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

You forgot a tens of millions of other people dude........

How about any hourly worker....

How about anyone in manufacturing.......

How about fully commissioned sales.

How about travel industry

How about the restaurant/bar industry.

How about anyone that supports the state/govt run systems (hourly). 

They say they will get a bail out.  Do you realize how many people are potentially represented above??

Many of us will not get a bail out, and if we don't have a company to come back to work for.....it will not cover the utilities or groceries, so pick one and do without the other (oh, that's assuming we all have our homes paid off and no mortgage.)

Were doing SOOOO much to truly protect sooo few....

Not for 1 second do i diminish the loss of ANY life, but, our actions/inaction's etc will have a much farther reaching long term economic impact to the 10's of milions that will not get bailed out in the private sector.....worse yet, they may not have a job/company to come back to. We need our jobs.

 

I know this will cause me some bashing....don't care.  I'm not going to debate w/ any either.  Its how I feel, and I'm not expecting to have a bunch of likes.  I'm scared shitless right now.  Clients are cancelling so much work....

 

Some facts to back up what may be deemed narrow minded statements:

H1N1 cases

 

Image result for how many died from h1n1 in usa

Veteran Suicide

The Department of Veterans Affairs released its 2019 National Veteran Suicide Prevention Annual Report on Friday which showed that at least 60,000 veterans have died by suicide between 2008 and 2017.

In 2017, more than 6,100 veterans died by suicide, an increase of 2% over 2016 and a total increase of 6% since 2008. During that same time period, the veteran population decreased 18% from 23 million to 19.8 million. 

 

Global Cancer - 2002

Leading cause of death (2016) (world)

 

 

While it is absolutely necessary to protect the citizens most at risk 65+, and those w/ compromised health, but I'm nauseous at what the death toll of businesses will be.....

How many jobs lost.......

loss of healthcare as a result....... 

Save a spot in the food line for me would ya.....

I've spoken w/ medical professionals, clients, coworkers, and we all think this is crazy and could do much more damage societally then the Covid 19 will ever do. While we differ on the best approach, the millions that you hear that think its overblown, also have underlying fear of losing everything.  Whats the bigger loss in the end? 

Our society cant handle the run on assistance/food/shelter/healthcare for those affected by what I've stated above.  Just think about it outside of your little circles folks.

Futhermore, we are now setting a precedent for every other flue/virus to do this all over again.  We cannot sustain this kind of hysteria every year, and many will not sustain this one.  Private sector is scared shitless right now....and we should be.  When the public sector sees the loss in taxes due to unemployment, they too will feel the burn alright.  

 

Look at the graphs I posted, and study them long and hard before you decide to troll/bash.  No graph above caused mass hysteria or runs on toilet paper FFS.

50% of all that get NCovid 19. (or already have), will likely not even be reported....Imagine how many had H1N1 and didnt report it....and i have a compromised immune system btw.  

Watch what you wish for folks......

Back to the cave.....after I wash my hands.

 

 

 

 

 

This has Facebook written all over it lol. 

 

I'll stick with the CDC and the WHO and Infectious Disease experts. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

I thought you gave up that gig. I imagine busses right now are just rolling coffins. Cruise ships are floating coffins.

No. I decided to stay with it, which was a big mistake now. I'm in the process of fixing it though. Even after this blows over, residual fear and a looming recession/depression will keep the tourism industry weak for quite awhile most likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

You forgot a tens of millions of other people dude........

How about any hourly worker....

How about anyone in manufacturing.......

How about fully commissioned sales.

How about travel industry

How about the restaurant/bar industry.

How about anyone that supports the state/govt run systems (hourly). 

They say they will get a bail out.  Do you realize how many people are potentially represented above??

Many of us will not get a bail out, and if we don't have a company to come back to work for.....it will not cover the utilities or groceries, so pick one and do without the other (oh, that's assuming we all have our homes paid off and no mortgage.)

Were doing SOOOO much to truly protect sooo few....

Not for 1 second do i diminish the loss of ANY life, but, our actions/inaction's etc will have a much farther reaching long term economic impact to the 10's of milions that will not get bailed out in the private sector.....worse yet, they may not have a job/company to come back to. We need our jobs.

 

I know this will cause me some bashing....don't care.  I'm not going to debate w/ any either.  Its how I feel, and I'm not expecting to have a bunch of likes.  I'm scared shitless right now.  Clients are cancelling so much work....

 

Some facts to back up what may be deemed narrow minded statements:

H1N1 cases

 

Image result for how many died from h1n1 in usa

Veteran Suicide

The Department of Veterans Affairs released its 2019 National Veteran Suicide Prevention Annual Report on Friday which showed that at least 60,000 veterans have died by suicide between 2008 and 2017.

In 2017, more than 6,100 veterans died by suicide, an increase of 2% over 2016 and a total increase of 6% since 2008. During that same time period, the veteran population decreased 18% from 23 million to 19.8 million. 

 

Global Cancer - 2002

Leading cause of death (2016) (world)

 

 

While it is absolutely necessary to protect the citizens most at risk 65+, and those w/ compromised health, but I'm nauseous at what the death toll of businesses will be.....

How many jobs lost.......

loss of healthcare as a result....... 

Save a spot in the food line for me would ya.....

I've spoken w/ medical professionals, clients, coworkers, and we all think this is crazy and could do much more damage societally then the Covid 19 will ever do. While we differ on the best approach, the millions that you hear that think its overblown, also have underlying fear of losing everything.  Whats the bigger loss in the end? 

Our society cant handle the run on assistance/food/shelter/healthcare for those affected by what I've stated above.  Just think about it outside of your little circles folks.

Futhermore, we are now setting a precedent for every other flue/virus to do this all over again.  We cannot sustain this kind of hysteria every year, and many will not sustain this one.  Private sector is scared shitless right now....and we should be.  When the public sector sees the loss in taxes due to unemployment, they too will feel the burn alright.  

 

Look at the graphs I posted, and study them long and hard before you decide to troll/bash.  No graph above caused mass hysteria or runs on toilet paper FFS.

50% of all that get NCovid 19. (or already have), will likely not even be reported....Imagine how many had H1N1 and didnt report it....and i have a compromised immune system btw.  

Watch what you wish for folks......

Back to the cave.....after I wash my hands.

 

 

 

 

 

I hate uncertainty and this will get a lot worse before it ever gets better 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

That alone is why that will never happen. They'll just consider this year a loss and go based off of how graders were at the point of shutdown.

 

Skipping summer to me meant going to school until July and then a very short break.  I did not mean straight through. As far as family vacations outside the economic issues with that I am not sure that really matters if we get into a situation like Italy.  Many people will be out of work, many others afraid to travel, etc...unless the virus dials back during the summer I am not sure many will go on vaca at this point any way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

This has Facebook written all over it lol. 

 

I'll stick with the CDC and the WHO and Infectious Disease experts. 

I"m glad you guys are laughing....I'm not one bit.  Not 1 bit of humor in anything I stated.

I amended my post to add source for you skeptics. 

100% written by me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Skipping summer to me meant going to school until July and then a very short break.  I did not mean straight through. As far as family vacations outside the economic issues with that I am not sure that really matters if we get into a situation like Italy.  Many people will be out of work, many others afraid to travel, etc...unless the virus dials back during the summer I am not sure many will go on vaca at this point any way. 

Thats already a done deal if this lasts more than a few weeks.  We need to get out of this as quickly as possible, or get things back to as normal as we reasonably can quickly.  

People have nest eggs, but not big ones, and it will take YEARS to recover from CURRENT status.  We will not roar out of this....no way....no how....and as soon as the next alarm sounds.....Lord help those of us who are left.

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pasnownut said:

Thats already a done deal if this lasts more than a few weeks.  We need to get out of this as quickly as possible, or get things back to as normal as we reasonably can quickly.  

People have nest eggs, but not big ones, and it will take YEARS to recover from CURRENT status.  We will not roar out of this....no way....no how....and as soon as the next alarm sounds.....Lord help those of us who are left.

  

I will add one thing to your comment if you mean 401K/retirement next eggs.  I understand the fear in seeing the funds go down but unless one is in their 60's I would just stop checking the 401K web sites and ignore the total.  It means nothing when it is high and means nothing when it is low...it only matters when you go to pull money out.

I think we are still at the point where things "could" start going back to normal in two weeks if cases level off but it will be hard while we keep hearing stories about what is going on in Europe.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I"m glad you guys are laughing....I'm not one bit.  Not 1 bit of humor in anything I stated.

I amended my post to add source for you skeptics. 

100% written by me.  

Not sure why you continue to insist on using plural terms in response to one post. This happened during the winter and now it's continuing. There are a lot of us who are very, very concerned and if you're referring to the majority of us when you say "you guys" then you are 100% wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe everyone's concerns are valid, health or economic side.  No one should criticize anyone for being scared or worried right now.  What I find annoying is the blame game, this does not help a damn thing!  When this is over we can look back and see where we went right or wrong.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I will add one thing to your comment if you mean 401K/retirement next eggs.  I understand the fear in seeing the funds go down but unless one is in their 60's I would just stop checking the 401K web sites and ignore the total.  It means nothing when it is high and means nothing when it is low...it only matters when you go to pull money out.

I think we are still at the point where things "could" start going back to normal in two weeks if cases level off but it will be hard while we keep hearing stories about what is going on in Europe.

 

 

 

while I'm worried about 401k, thats really not at all what my points are in reference to.  I am thinking about many many others...not myself.

I personally am divested into real estate and 401k, and my statements arent based on ME, its based on MASSES....

Bud, i'm hoping/praying we get into warmer times (yes i typed that....) as from what i hear it doesnt like it above 77 deg F.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, daxx said:

I believe everyone's concerns are valid, health or economic side.  No one should criticize anyone for being scared or worried right now.  What I find annoying is the blame game, this does not help a damn thing!  When this is over we can look back and see where we went right or wrong.

Agreed 100 percent and all I really have left to say on this is I agree.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not sure why you continue to insist on using plural terms in response to one post. This happened during the winter and now it's continuing. There are a lot of us who are very, very concerned and if you're referring to the majority of us when you say "you guys" then you are 100% wrong.

Look at the post/response and who put lol and laugh emojis.  2 people "laughed"....thats warranted a plural response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, daxx said:

I believe everyone's concerns are valid, health or economic side.  No one should criticize anyone for being scared or worried right now.  What I find annoying is the blame game, this does not help a damn thing!  When this is over we can look back and see where we went right or wrong.

well stated..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

while I'm worried about 401k, thats really not at all what my points are in reference to.  I am thinking about many many others...not myself.

I personally am divested into real estate and 401k, and my statements arent based on ME, its based on MASSES....

Bud, i'm hoping/praying we get into warmer times (yes i typed that....) as from what i hear it doesnt like it above 77 deg F.  

My statement was based on masses as well.  I thought you were saying people would be losing their nest eggs.  That is a common term to mean retirement money.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

My statement was based on masses as well.  I thought you were saying people would be losing their nest eggs.  That is a common term to mean retirement money.   

Nope....not my intended thought at all.  If people dont have jobs to come back to, that FAR FAR more worrisome in my book.  Many people are worried at many levels, and there's not 1 reason to say its unwarranted. 

Many of us will not enjoy a paid stay cation at home....and many may not have something to go back to when the all clear sounds.  Many smaller businesses do not have a nest egg large enough to survive this downturn, and some dont have proper insurance to carry them if a govt mandated shutdown occurs.....THAT's my worry.

and as I'm in sales, I'm constantly in contact w/ business leaders/purchasing/sales/marketing.  Lets just say most of my convos' in the last week have not been good whatsoever.  Again gang, I'm thinking outside of my little box and listening to them....NOT cable news, as they represent collateral damage outside of Covid Pandemic 2020.  Trust me....their fears are real and 100% qualified/warranted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

My statement was based on masses as well.  I thought you were saying people would be losing their nest eggs.  That is a common term to mean retirement money.   

good point...Let me restate....emergency slush funds.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i wonder how to figure out who is essential.

@Wmsptwx

You've got to be shittin me....is this for WSPT or the entire state?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.