• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2020 OBS Thread

Low here was 33.6F. Currently 40, with plenty of sunshine for the moment at least.

Seeing snow in May last night was way cool, definitely the event of the snow season for me. I know it wouldn't take much given the lack of snow this past winter, but even if we had received a lot, this would be special due to the rarity.

• Like 1

New Western Chester County PA elevation record (1983 to Present) low 31.3 at 6:15am breaking the old mark of 34 set in 1985. Well off the all-time Chesco record of 25.0 set in 1947. Also storm total of 0.68" of rain and indeed some overnight snow showers and flurries on May 9th - amazing!! A chance of more flurries and snow showers later as we make a run at the coldest May high temp in Chester County history today!  Some other chilly Chesco factoids to munch on. Today's freezing temperature marks the 15th latest freeze in 127 years of records back to 1894. The average final freeze in Chester County is April 18th. The latest freeze in County history was the 32 degree reading on May 28, 1927. This is also the latest freeze in the last 24 years with 1996 seeing it's final freeze on May 14th at 30 degrees....of interest just 5 days later Chesco began a 3 day heat wave from May 19 (91)- 20 (94) and 91 on the 21st of 1996

28 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Low here was 33.6F. Currently 40, with plenty of sunshine for the moment at least.

Seeing snow in May last night was way cool, definitely the event of the snow season for me. I know it wouldn't take much given the lack of snow this past winter, but even if we had received a lot, this would be special due to the rarity.

I legitimately geeked out over some flurries.  

• Haha 1

Couple snow flurries and squalls during the day - our high made it up to 46.5 here in East Nantmeal Township...this is the 6th lowest maximum daily May reading in Chester County history....freeze warning up again for tonight but suspect the higher spots like here may stay just above freezing as the Wxsim indicates.

Ended up with a high of 47 yesterday here and was out in North Wales shopping yesterday in the wind. :blink:

Bottomed out at 33 (32.7) around 4:30 am this morning after the winds went calm overnight, but a few wind puffs not longer after has sent the temp rise in motion.  Currently 35 with lots of high clouds with the sunrise.

• Like 1

Made it down to 34.9F here which was pretty much the forecast low. Had covered up a couple of things last night with frost blankets, just in case, but had also rolled the dice with a few others. So it worked out. (Was concerned more about a freeze, not so much about frost, due to low humidity and breezes).

Currently all the way up to 49F, which exceeds yesterday's high by a degree. Looking forward to 62 today!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ChasingFlakes said:

Beautiful day out there.  I drove into town and hitup produce junction for some flowers to plant, it was an absolute cluster****.  

Now you know... :lol:  I went to the one near me on Friday and there was a line but it moved relatively quickly (at least for the time of morning I was there - ~9 am).  Drove out to Assi Plaza yesterday and was able to go in before the lines started but when I left, the lines were out the door (it had already gotten packed at the checkouts).

Temp here recovered pretty quickly and now up to 62.  Dews are up in the 40s as well.  All blue sky and sunny.

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Now you know... :lol:  I went to the one near me on Friday and there was a line but it moved relatively quickly (at least for the time of morning I was there - ~9 am).  Drove out to Assi Plaza yesterday and was able to go in before the lines started but when I left, the lines were out the door (it had already gotten packed at the checkouts).

Temp here recovered pretty quickly and now up to 62.  Dews are up in the 40s as well.  All blue sky and sunny.

When I lived in Horsham I went to the one in Hatboro (<2 mi away)) and quickly realized DO NOT GO SUNDAY MORNING ON MOTHERS DAY! A complete mess. Go Sat midday on to choose from a good selection without the hassle. Same goes w/Easter Sunday mornings...complete hell.

Looking ahead, it appears Mon - Tues (maybe Wed?) will be our last w/highs in the 50s till Fall. Then avg-above avg may take hold. Man, we really skipped Spring this year. Hopefully we don't get into a real long term "bake" pattern (HHH) this summer. Let's just hang out at average w/some storms from here on out till Fall....  

51F/clear

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

Just got about 20 seconds of pea-sized hail. wtf??

Same.

Today: Some sun--> clouds move in and lower-->  winds pick up--> shower (poss hail)  then some sun--> clouds move in and lower-->  winds pick up--> shower (poss hail) then some sun--> clouds move in and lower-->  winds pick up--> shower (poss hail)  Repeat....

58F