• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2020 OBS Thread

2 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Still 45F here, but the cold air means business - looking at obs in PA, most of the state is well into the 30's already. Wind is cranking here too.

Just ticked down to 39F...cooler air moving in. I just want to see some flakes.

Snow here as well, before midnight mostly rain with a few flakes mixed in, confirmed by the windshield splat test. Then over the last 20 minutes, rain snow mix would change over to mostly snow for a minute, then back to the mix. Woohoo and wow. Snow on May 9th!

37F here currently and pretty much ended, but well worth being up for. That's 7 months in a row now with snow, in the air at least. Congrats to every one who got to see it!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Can we skip the 32F please, lol. Don't really want to dig out the frost blankets again! Congrats on the snow!

Predicted low is 31F here and by golly I want to get there. A little snow, some winds and a below freezing night in May...really impressive.

Sitting at 35F

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Predicted low is 31F here and by golly I want to get there. A little snow, some winds and a below freezing night in May...really impressive.

Sitting at 35F

Okay, you can have it then, lol. Not that I wish frozen vegetation on your neighbors of course. Calling for 35 here for the low which would be fine, no frost with the wind and all.

Eta - moon is out here now with partly cloudy skies. Not quite full but almost. Good for a January style nightwalk, lol.

Ended up with a high of 58 yesterday with 0.56" of rain before midnight and an additional 0.01" just after midnight as the line was clearing out.  The heaviest band came through just after 9 pm last night with ~0.5"/hr rates.  And just after 11 pm, the temp dropped about 7 degrees, from 45 to 38.

Currently just barely 33 (32.5) and windy... and had that wind not been there, the temps probably would have hit hard freeze territory in the mid-20s. :blink:

As a note, I remember at least one time awhile ago, when we had a hard freeze in the NW parts of the city and surrounding 'burbs in mid-May. I recall taking a trip to the old Hechinger's hardware chain in Jenkintown (originally a Wanamakers and now a Raymour and Flannagan & Trader Joe's), where they had all kinds of tender vegetable plants and herbs and other plants that were left out that night of the freeze, and every single one was completely dead.   After that, many nurseries in the area put up signs for years to indicate that they would not be offering tender annuals until "after May 21st" (or similar later May date).  They gradually lifted that restriction although I think there was a more recent late cold snap too and the notices went back up again...

• Like 1