• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2020 OBS Thread

Had some good radiational cooling here early this morning and I dropped down to barely 30 (29.5) just after 6:30 am.  Have 2 late-blooming lilacs with flower panicles expanding (but with closed buds) that are 2 - 3 weeks too early to be near blooming like this and they appear to be okay so far.  I know a hard freeze (28 and below) would have killed those flower buds.

The dews earlier this morning were way too low for frost formation (running around 18 - 19 at the temp low) so no frost here.  The temp did rebound quickly and it's currently up to 47 now and mostly sunny.

Yep,  really digging it. A standard typical Saturday this Spring. Overcast, gusty winds at times and a drizzle/shower w/temps in the 40s.

Bad part, due to the lack of a haircut, I wear a BB cap to keep everything under control....the wind is not cooperating, hat blowing off at every chance.  

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

Yep,  really digging it. A standard typical Saturday this Spring. Overcast, gusty winds at times and a drizzle/shower w/temps in the 40s.

Bad part, due to the lack of a haircut, I wear a BB cap to keep everything under control....the wind is not cooperating, hat blowing off at every chance.  

lol.  You really do enjoy shit weather, huh?  I think you're the only person I've ever seen get excited over a typical British day.  haha

37 minutes ago, BBasile said:

lol.  You really do enjoy shit weather, huh?  I think you're the only person I've ever seen get excited over a typical British day.  haha

Yes I do!

I  was always fascinated by British weather, Seattle weather and wondered why people always bitched? It adds a little fun/kick to the day and not warm/hot. And both locations have produced legendary/outstanding music as well which I'm a huge fan. Of course I would like snow/cold but this is the best second option. Anything beats 90-95F+/HHH days!!!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Yes I do!

I  was always fascinated by British weather, Seattle weather and wondered why people always bitched? It adds a little fun/kick to the day and not warm/hot. And both locations have produced legendary/outstanding music as well which I'm a huge fan. Of course I would like snow/cold but this is the best second option. Anything beats 90-95F+/HHH days!!!

People bitch because it sucks.  lol   For me, it's as boring as a fair weather day, but it makes being outside crap.  I hate the heat and humidity as well (except for the thunderstorm byproduct of course), but typical spring weather is great.  After winter days with temps 10 - 15 degrees above normal, it sucks to have spring days with temps 10 - 15 degrees below normal.  It's not supposed to be 60 in January, but it is in April!  

2 hours ago, JTA66 said:

Seems windier today than Monday with the high wind warning. 45F with crud.

It's been hovering around 45/46F all day. Frost advisory for our area but a freeze warning not too far away (upper bucks/mont county)....my guess is 34F for a low. Perfect day to cut the lawn tomorrow...  

7 hours ago, RedSky said:

46F still overcast and very windy, wind chill must be 30F. So much for morning clouds and afternoon sun. 

Yeah, this weather sucks.  Already down to 36.5F here, so another frosty night for sure.  At least tomorrow we'll see a bit of normalcy.  The relentless winds will still be.....relentless.  

24 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Yeah, this weather sucks.  Already down to 36.5F here, so another frosty night for sure.  At least tomorrow we'll see a bit of normalcy.  The relentless winds will still be.....relentless.  

Dropping quick for sure...already 34F here on WUnderground (10:18PM). 35F on another site....either way, sinking quick. 

wu34.jpg

• Like 1

The Monday storm which was expected to miss keeps jumping north. Result is a stronger cold shot arriving Tuesday. The warm up is all but cancelled Mon-Wed. Wed looks windy like today and I bet struggles to hit 50F. Guidance is close to useless at 5 days out now.

3 minutes ago, RedSky said:

The Monday storm which was expected to miss keeps jumping north. Result is a stronger cold shot arriving Tuesday. The warm up is all but cancelled Mon-Wed. Wed looks windy like today and I bet struggles to hit 50F. Guidance is close to useless at 5 days out now.

Great news in my book...:D

Even tomorrow was predicted 5 days ago to be warmer than our current forecast. Went from mid-upper 60s to my predicted high of 61F tomorrow. 

11 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Great news in my book...:D

Even tomorrow was predicted 5 days ago to be warmer than our current forecast. Went from mid-upper 60s to my predicted high of 61F tomorrow. 

Don S reasoning says there will be hell to pay from May through this summer :devilsmiley:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RedSky said:

The GFS nailed the April winter pattern back in mid March :lol:

It was nice today through 2:30, last hour overcast windy and feels like late October

You really gotta love it. Overcast now, temps dipped into the 50s and the wind is really kicking here currently. (trash cans will blow around once again as I put out the trash tonight) But damn, I'm pretty pumped about tomorrow...54F high and overcast...sweet! And Tuesday, tracking T-storms, nice. This will bring in colder weather! Low 50s for Wednesday's high!