• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

So they decided to lock down my girls work at RAC which is a huge relief to me.. Honestly at this point I'd rather her draw unemployment the next few months and take the hit, my bank will work with me...It is impossible for me and her to get the virus if we are both locked in the house..I have almost no human contact unless I go into town...I will know soon enough... Right now my main focus is health not money, I'll worry about debt when this virus is under control..

• Like 1

The other thing to remember that I've mentioned preciously is that America can shut down and for the most part keep its people fed and with water. Many other countries arent so fortunate. For example the islands in the Caribbean have populations on land masses that aren't self sustaining, with no source of income(Tourism) we will see starvation and elevated crime within a fairly short period of time if the world stays shuttered. The same can be said of many other countries. For those here who have traveled the common saying we've heard among foreigners in respect to the US is that when our economy gets a cold they get the Flu. For these reasons I think the thinking at the top right now is to weigh the deaths due to Covid 19 vs a complete shutdown. A prolonged complete shutdown could lead to more deaths than the virus due to starvation and crime.

• Confused 1

Well, I made it to 86" of snowfall for season thus far.   Looks like 90" will be tough to get and barring a really late season Hail Mary, 100" is out. Euro has something out near Day 9 & 10 to keep half an eye on. 

Of note, KSYR scored 6.4" yday officially while KROC fumbled and had 0.4".  That puts KSYR in striking distance for a late Giants over Patriots style victory. ;)

Golden Snowball totals I amassed from today's NWS CLI reports:

KROC 87.6

KSYR 83.0

KBGM 67.8

KBUF 64.6

KALY 48.7

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Syrmax said:

It's just started briefly snowing again. Radar showing not much of anything. I guess I'll be able to add "T" to tomorrow's precip report.  

Yeah, we were getting off and on snow showers in Bville this morning. Some nice-sized flakes came down for a while. Two wintry days in a row!

I had to get a permanent tooth extracted...and 3 fillings done this morning. Thanks to a ridiculous healthcare system in the U.S., I was unable to get much dental work done over the years. Now, that I FINALLY have health insurance that I can afford...I can get some neglected work done. Healthcare is so backwards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Screenshot_20200324-132830.png.b3df44846

I have not been a big fan of Cuomo before this Crisis but he has done a fantastic job handling this imo. He has been strategic in his plan, let his team of experts inform him on what’s best instead of just going based on what “he thinks is best, or will make him look the best”. Not only that but he has explained to the Public what is going on in such a different manor than that moron in the Whitehouse. He has truly given me a sense that we will get through this and that he actually cares about people vs feeling like we’re just a bunch of sacrificial lambs to get businesses back up and running “before Easter (his words, not mine)” even when all the experts say this is still weeks away from peaking even with the measures we have in place now, not loosening them or lifting them completely. I honestly didn’t mind Trump before this but now I wish he got impeached months ago because somebody’s grandfather could probably lead this country better then he can. #Cuomo2024

• Like 3

Listed by the department of health

LAST UPDATE: MARCH 24, 2020 | 2:49PM
Albany 146
Allegany 2
Broome 7
Cayuga 2
Chenango 3
Clinton 6
Columbia 10
Cortland 2
Delaware 3
Dutchess 124
Erie 107
Essex 3
Fulton 1
Genesee 1
Greene 4
Hamilton 2
Herkimer 4
Jefferson 2
Livingston 3
Madison 4
Monroe 96
Montgomery 3
Nassau 2,869
Niagara 10
New York City 14,904
Oneida 7
Onondaga 52
Ontario 6
Orange 498
Oswego 1
Otsego 1
Putnam 45
Rensselaer 29
Rockland 671
Saratoga 53
Schenectady 44
Schoharie 1
St. Lawrence 1
Steuben 4
Suffolk 1,880
Sullivan 23
Tioga 1
Tompkins 15
Ulster 35
Warren 2
Washington 3
Wayne 6
Westchester 3,891
Wyoming 4

SARS-CoV-2 RNA was identified on a variety of surfaces in cabins of both symptomatic and asymptomatic infected passengers up to 17 days after cabins were vacated on the Diamond Princess but before disinfection procedures had been conducted (Takuya Yamagishi, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, personal communication, 2020). Although these data cannot be used to determine whether transmission occurred from contaminated surfaces, further study of fomite transmission of SARS-CoV-2 aboard cruise ships is warranted

CDC

2 hours ago, WesterlyWx said:

I have not been a big fan of Cuomo before this Crisis but he has done a fantastic job handling this imo. He has been strategic in his plan, let his team of experts inform him on what’s best instead of just going based on what “he thinks is best, or will make him look the best”. Not only that but he has explained to the Public what is going on in such a different manor than that moron in the Whitehouse. He has truly given me a sense that we will get through this and that he actually cares about people vs feeling like we’re just a bunch of sacrificial lambs to get businesses back up and running “before Easter (his words, not mine)” even when all the experts say this is still weeks away from peaking even with the measures we have in place now, not loosening them or lifting them completely. I honestly didn’t mind Trump before this but now I wish he got impeached months ago because somebody’s grandfather could probably lead this country better then he can. #Cuomo2024

Had Cuomo listened to his team of experts 5 years ago he wouldn't be begging for federal help right now finding respirators. https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/we-didnt-have-to-have-ventilator-shortage-leaders-chose-not-to-prep-for-pandemic/

8 hours ago, WesterlyWx said:

Pretty much same perspective here.  Actually, its too bad this didnt go down a year earlier as Cuomo would have considerable momentum for making a POTUS run this year. As it is now, Biden doesn't exactly inspire much enthusiasm.   I view him as the Trump of the Democrat party...gaffe prone, megalomaniacal tendencies, generally clueless, corrupt around the edges.  I dont agree with Cuomo on a number of issues but he at least acts like he has his sh*t together. Which is important in a crisis.

21 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Pretty much same perspective here.  Actually, its too bad this didnt go down a year earlier as Cuomo would have considerable momentum for making a POTUS run this year. As it is now, Biden doesn't exactly inspire much enthusiasm.   I view him as the Trump of the Democrat party...gaffe prone, megalomaniacal tendencies, generally clueless, corrupt around the edges.  I dont agree with Cuomo on a number of issues but he at least acts like he has his sh*t together. Which is important in a crisis.

I can't stand Biden. I also can't believe Trump and Biden are the two best people we can come up with out of this country. How in the world does that even happen... I'd almost rather have Trump then Biden. The guy has early staged dementia. I'm afraid he loses it one day and bombs China or something. :lol:

• Haha 1