• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Upstate/Eastern New York

Yeah they have made a comeback lol

Much of that has to do with the last event when they had double digits and me nothing lol

They have also had a lot more hours of Lake effect than I have this year..

Every year is different, Fulton has had more snow than Redfield on multiple occasions (not N Redfield lol)..

14 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

Considering zero success with any long range products this entire winter, you’ll excuse me if I don’t buy into products predicting events 10 months away. 120 hrs made monkeys out of all the models this winter. I’m sure they’ll do much better with 7,000 hrs.....

2019/20 winter isn’t over. March hasn’t even begun. Maybe for lake effect it’s over but as I’m fond of saying, in Rochester, we see our best synoptic events in March. Something will pop up. 

Isotherms forecast was pretty spot on, as it usual is. Raindance has been pretty good as well. Go look at their forecast in weather forecasting sub-forum. You can't predict individual storms, but you can predict patterns ahead of time. Both of those guys are so much better then long range models/ENS.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Isotherms forecast was pretty spot on, as it usual is. Raindance has been pretty good as well. Go look at their forecast in weather forecasting sub-forum. You can't predict individual storms, but you can predict patterns ahead of time. Both of those guys are so much better then long range models/ENS.

Agreed. Isotherm does an excellent job with long range forecasting.

Cold advection will change the precip over to all snow late Friday
afternoon or early Friday evening. An area of deep wrap around
moisture, northerly upslope flow, and some lake response (H85 temps
-10c or so) may produce at least some snow accumulations later
Friday through Saturday morning. Early for sure, but if ECMWF
pattern and QPF verifies (been showing this for a few days now),
then somewhere across the Niagara Frontier would probably have at
least a few inches of snow by Saturday morning. This system pulls
well offshore into the Atlantic on Saturday, with limited snow
showers south of the lakes ending by Saturday afternoon. High
pressure will then bring dry weather Saturday night and Sunday, with
a warming trend still on track for early next week

4 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Mild, mild, mild. The kind of winter I detest. We've had plenty of these lately. Yawn.

Bring on a summer with Low 70 Highs and 50 degree lows... and low dewpoints/humidity.

One can dream.

Bring me a summer of high 80s and lows in the upper 60s please! Also lots of sun! Ready for some awesome nights on the water and at the beach! :sun:I can tell you don't enjoy those activates or you'd be hoping for the same thing.

I enjoy winter as best as anyone can in Buffalo, but summers are by far my favorite season. There is just so much you can do in summer here in Buffalo compared to winter. Kayaking, boating, swimming, BBQ, biking, golf, parties over friends house in backyard, bonfires on the beach, rooftop bars, concerts, there is something going on downtown literally all summer in the city. Can't wait.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Bring me a summer of high 80s and lows in the upper 60s please! Also lots of sun! Ready for some awesome nights on the water and at the beach! :sun:I can tell you don't enjoy those activates or you'd be hoping for the same thing.

I enjoy winter as best as anyone can in Buffalo, but summers are by far my favorite season. There is just so much you can do in summer here in Buffalo compared to winter. Kayaking, boating, swimming, BBQ, biking, golf, parties over friends house in backyard, bonfires on the beach, rooftop bars, concerts, there is something going on downtown literally all summer in the city. Can't wait.

I’m more of a upper 70s low 80s guy during the day.  But agreed.  Couple muggy nights with some thunderstorms.  Just nice when we can finally get back outside again.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

I’m more of a upper 70s low 80s guy during the day.  But agreed.  Couple muggy nights with some thunderstorms.  Just nice when we can finally get back outside again.  

I go for a walk nearly every night in summer with the dog. The muggy nights with the crickets, the best!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Mild, mild, mild. The kind of winter I detest. We've had plenty of these lately. Yawn.

Bring on a summer with Low 70 Highs and 50 degree lows... and low dewpoints/humidity.

One can dream.

I have a pool. Once May is here I want roasting hot.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cny rider said:

Checking out Ottawa as an alternative to the ADK's this weekend.

Rideau Canal is already closed for skating for the year!

Tug still looks good. If it can survive today should be ok? I think. We both picked a crap weekend to go. Last weekend would’ve been perfect. Oh well. Might get a little fresh stuff but looks like western Dacks get downsloped