Total Members
    Most Online
    acibarich
    Newest Member
    acibarich
MAG5035

Central PA - Late Dec 2019/Jan 2020

5 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

well then you all should be rather rested this year.....

just sayin......^_^

You would think but twice I have flown in to seemingly tough situations including last weekend....got lucky and that finger of snow never made it to Baltimore. 

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You would think but twice I have flown in to seemingly tough situations including last weekend....got lucky and that finger of snow never made it to Baltimore. 

i too have flown in snow, but unless its a doozy, its of no worry and has had no effect whatsoever....guess i'm just lucky.

i too have flown in snow, but unless its a doozy, its of no worry and has had no effect whatsoever....guess i'm just lucky.

Big airports cancel flights before the events.

During that March 2017 storm, I had a flight from BWI to Tampa cancelled. They ended up with little, if any snow.

MDT had close to 20” of snow and I ended up taking a flight from there to Florida. No flights cancelled.

• Haha 1

Just now, Superstorm said:

Big airports cancel flights before the events.

During that March 2017 storm, I had a flight from BWI to Tampa cancelled. They ended up with little, if any snow.

MDT had close to 20” of snow and I ended up taking a flight from there to Florida. No flights cancelled.

Yea, the airlines themselves will not fly planes into airports where they expect snow...sometimes 12 hours ahead of schedule.  Southwest is terrible about that.  

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Icon has a case of the warminista's (and dry).  Actually seems loser to the coast but the whole no cold air thing....

still has the storm.....all we need to worry about right now.

I dont mean that in a snippy way, just saying we need the storm and as long as its there and coming from the south, thats the focus to me.

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Icon has a case of the warminista's (and dry).  Actually seems loser to the coast but the whole no cold air thing....

Really feel like this is either a 4"+ or nothing at all type of deal. We're not going to snow much less accumulate unless we get under some heavy QPF. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

True...it's not dead yet. 

and we are entering the lose it phase on the models.  We've seen that before.  Not sure if new goofus has that fixed or not.  

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Not near dead.  Daxx or no daxx we are tracking this one to the edges of the universe.  Just doing a quick PBP with no maps because I am busy. 

speakin of....whered he go?

21 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The "goofus" at 12z is raining on the Atlantic waters and not much else. 

hence the "lose it" phase I referenced.  If history serves any purpose in model watching....this should come north. 

41 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The "goofus" at 12z is raining on the Atlantic waters and not much else. 

This is where we are all supposed to chip in with comments like this:

1-Let's see what Dr. No has to say

2-Its only 6 hours until the next run

3-I'm just happy to be in the game

4-The GFS has a bias to not amp systems enough

5-Heights were higher out in front but it did not translate to the surface.

6-Rates will overcome the high surface temps

7-We were never in this one.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Lol dead on.

20 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Dr. No hasn't been Dr. No since, what, 2015?

33 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Dr. No already said no so all the debbies can just jump to #7, cause 90% of the time they are right....no reasoning needed.  

FWIW..Im just happy to be tracking something other than warmth. Personally i dont get wound up on run to run shifts....even when they look good for me.  I've run out of deaths to die over this sport decades ago.  I'm numb to it but love the chase.  

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Not near dead.  Daxx or no daxx we are tracking this one to the edges of the universe.  Just doing a quick PBP with no maps because I am busy. 

Keep up the good work Bubbler!  To me there isn’t much to discuss. It’s been bad, it is bad, and it looks bad!  We may luck into something. Hopefully things change but I am not holding my breath. I hope I wasn’t too negative. Lol 

Just now, daxx said:

Keep up the good work Bubbler!  To me there isn’t much to discuss. It’s been bad, it is bad, and it looks bad!  We may luck into something. Hopefully things change but I am not holding my breath. I hope I wasn’t too negative. Lol 

Wow, you posted when the Euro was running...let's see if you have some mojo here.  LOL. 

2 minutes ago, daxx said:

Dont hold back.....K?

:P

10 minutes ago, daxx said:

I was going to post for you but thought better of it. Turns out you posted exactly what I would have said! (that you would say)

"If Brian isn't posting there's a damn good reason for it." (nothing to see here, move along...) 

11 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Good grief.....shall I take my toys elsewhere.....?

No one in this thread is going full meltdown or anything close to it. My response to yours regarding the 12z goofus raining on the Atlantic waters was to SUPPORT what you said about models losing storms at range. That's why I quoted your post in my response...

I think that there are plenty of level heads posting here today. 

53 minutes ago, daxx said:

Ehh, did not work.  I was hoping.  It was a bit of a downer when I saw the NoGaps go east this morning.   I know I am model watching instead of synoptic reasoning but do not have time for much else.