• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Upstate/Eastern New York

4 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I still can’t believe the primary goes south enough to allow redevelopment over south jersey. I still say it cuts but Think Snow might have the win. We certainly have blocking. But do we have enough HP in Canada to keep the bowling ball. 

I was just reading another met on another forum who discusses the possibility of the LP going even further south due to the strong HP just to the north. It isn't as great as cutter with significant LES possibilities, but it beats a long period of mixing and just general junk.

34 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I still can’t believe the primary goes south enough to allow redevelopment over south jersey. I still say it cuts but Think Snow might have the win. We certainly have blocking. But do we have enough HP in Canada to keep the bowling ball. 

There is no blocking, that's why it's going SE with each run.

nao.sprd2.gif

3 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Call it what u want, it's stopping the system from going north..

Screenshot_20191126-115737.thumb.png.66239fe30e9928c5519048019ce943cc.png

It’s a block for sure. Transient or not. The definition is Meteorologists refer to a 'blocking' high when a large area of high pressure becomes stationary, resulting in the blocking or redirection of low pressure systems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

That's makes no sense whatsoever bro. You mean there is blocking that's why its keeps ticking SE or am I missing something, lol?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

If the NAO was negative the low would go north into Canada. In this instance, there is weak blocking pushing it south. 

IE:

Image result for positive nao