• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Upstate/Eastern New York

NWS says no headlines will be needed for this event but I beg to differ so we'll see. Theres no way a band producing 1"/hr snows with winds gusting to 50MPH at times not need a heads up. I predict headlines will definitely be needed for snow along with blowing and drifting snow for Friday night through Saturday morning. I will now start to check bufkit and soundings.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how this is no headlines lol

This is for KFZY

Friday Night
A chance of snow showers before 11pm, then snow after 11pm. Low around 18. Breezy, with a west wind 21 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
Saturday
Snow before 8am, then a chance of snow showers after 8am. High near 23. Blustery, with a northwest wind 17 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Wow, I'm serious too, wowzers as the potential does actually exist for someone to cash in for sure!  Look at these parameters, seriously??  OMEGA OMEGA OMEGA, yikes and it all intersects beautifully the only small caveat is the sng of course but that should be offset by super steep lapse rates and ample Synoptic moisture!

nam4km_2019020718_033_43.33--76.29.png

nam4km_2019020718_036_43.33--76.29.png

nam4km_2019020718_039_43.33--76.29.png

nam4km_2019020718_042_43.33--76.29.png

By 15Z its drying out as the Cap lowers and subsidence begins in earnest!

nam4km_2019020718_045_43.33--76.29.png

MY prediction for this event is Oswego proper Jacks.  Winds start off around 275-280 and veer towards 290 slowly and as it hits its furthest point around 285-290 she stays steady state for about 3-6hrs and its during this time that whoever end up under this band will be happy campers come Sat morning and it won't be me or Wolfie but Matt up in Oswego should look out for this one, so good luck to all.  Also, Tug Matt you're in a great spot as well I think as  you stand the bast chance to see the band the longest so we'll see as with all these events!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Wow, I'm serious too, wowzers as the potential does actually exist for someone to cash in for sure!  Look at these parameters, seriously??  OMEGA OMEGA OMEGA, yikes and it all intersects beautifully the only small caveat is the sng of course but that should be offset by super steep lapse rates and ample Synoptic moisture!

By 15Z its drying out as the Cap lowers and subsidence begins in earnest!

MY prediction for this event is Oswego proper Jacks.  Winds start off around 275-280 and veer towards 290 slowly and as it hits its furthest point around 285-290 she stays steady state for about 3-6hrs and its during this time that whoever end up under this band will be happy campers come Sat morning and it won't be me or Wolfie but Matt up in Oswego should look out for this one, so good luck to all.  Also, Tug Matt you're in a great spot as well I think as  you stand the bast chance to see the band the longest so we'll see as with all these events!

Eh, I don't know. 18Z runs appear to have it sweeping through here only to stall just off to the south in Oneida county. I am shocked...............................

33 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Looks like temps are already in the lower 30s out in Western areas. Did you guys manage to get some flakes in there?

Out this way?  Hovered in the low 30s  most of the day with some freezing drizzle. Once the rain moved in we bumped up to the mid 30s and now with the southerly down slope wind firing up we are climbing the temperature roller coaster to almost 60 in the next few hours.  All that to see it crash back into the 20s by sunrise with some flurries.  Gotta love upstate weather.  

9 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Out this way?  Hovered in the low 30s  most of the day with some freezing drizzle. Once the rain moved in we bumped up to the mid 30s and now with the southerly down slope wind firing up we are climbing the temperature roller coaster to almost 60 in the next few hours.  All that to see it crash back into the 20s by sunrise with some flurries.  Gotta love upstate weather.  

I've gone from 39 to 54 from 7pm till now. That's 15 degrees in an hour and 15 minutes!  Meanwhile 11 miles to my north it's only 35 degrees so almost a 20 degree difference in 11 miles, the downslope is real! 

38 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Wow...that's rare for that area to be colder than up here on the Tug for most of the day.