• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

I've literally been riding this model since Monday and it hasn't budged from the moment it caught on till its most recent run.  Even last night when I almost had a nervous breakdown from the NAM the FV3 stayed true to its track and strength and if its wrong, kudos to at least keeping some form of consistency so we'll see as I will do a case study on this Event cause the models have been horrific evcept the FV3

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

That'll never happen, lol!

Not a zero chance but close to it. A man can dream. I am in my 50's but that is on the bucket list. Been on this forum for years including Eastern but read more than post. You guys are "Freak"ing awesome! and I live close. God bless.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

I'm probably wrong but I'm not seeing a whole lot of "redevelopmen" on these model runs...more of a Miller A system blazing by. I realize that even Miller A's often have center jumps or quasi redevelopments but not seeing that so much. Maybe a met can comment.

The further NW the low track the slower and lesser the transfer.  Also, stronger systems with better upper level support (like the nearly perfectly coupled upper level jets in this one) allow the primary to maintain strength and prevent a secondary low from developing.  That said, you can see this surface low getting real baggy and expanding South, especially as the front crosses the coast.  It's trying, thankfully its just not happening on the these NW runs.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

The further NW the low track the slower and lesser the transfer.  Also, stronger systems with better upper level support (like the nearly perfectly coupled upper level jets in this one) allow the primary to maintain strength and prevent a secondary low from developing.  That said, you can see this surface low getting real baggy and expanding South, especially as the front crosses the coast.  It's trying, thankfully its just not happening on the these NW runs.  

Thanks!