• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

This next cold shot is not a direct discharge as it would be much more severe than what their calling for. It's also more of a reach around, lol, as the cold is coming in on a SW flow as opposed to a N or NW flow. These SW flow cold intrusions usually le as d to some incredible LE yo ther ENE of both lakes. This happens quite often in November, and not usually late Jan!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Idk bro. This is the coldest air of the season

ecmwf_T850_neus_6.png

ecmwf_T850a_neus_6.png

Dude BUFKIT profiles look great, NWS seems a little cautious with this upcoming one not sure why lol.. run after run of the GFS has shown a consistent moist SW'ly flow with little to no shear.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

It's been 13 years since we've made that list. Unreal. It's been a southtown special for the last decade. 

Actually that list is 8 years old. ^_^

There's been quite a few more added to that list. 

Nope!  This list was current as of yesterday.   This will be the first addition since 2006!  Both 2014 totals were multiday events.  Not sure the exact 24 hour max yesterday... at least the 17.2”.

50 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Nope!  This list was current as of yesterday.   This will be the first addition since 2006!  Both 2014 totals were multiday events.  Not sure the exact 24 hour max yesterday... at least the 17.2”.

Oh those are 24 hour records, not lake effect event totals. 

1 hour ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Buffalo takes the lead in the snow contest! Also 10” ABOVE average now... Crazy how all you need is one good storm to get you going again.
48eddf61396388b5604e95733b341e89.jpg

Also helps they saw over 1 foot last weekend too. That’s almost 3 feet in the last week, even things play out right this week it could be 4 feet or even more in a 10 day period which is pretty incredible from where we were just a week and a half ago. 

4 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Also helps they saw over 1 foot last weekend too. That’s almost 3 feet in the last week, even things play out right this week it could be 4 feet or even more in a 10 day period which is pretty incredible from where we were just a week and a half ago. 

My Epic January call in December might just work out. 

7 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Split the damn Ciunty up, North and South, easy!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I said that earlier in the season and got some flack for it. I think most people around the county hear of the adv./warning, check the radar and maps, and figure out if they're actually set to get hit.

The way Oswego county wraps around the lake sets it up for many different wind flow LES events that really narrow down to specific sections of the county....specifically southwest and northern. It would seem to make sense to thus split the county then.

But, for now, we continue to check the maps and radar when we hear of advisories. Part of life living where we do.

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

New map

StormTotalSnowWeb (2).png

If you ask me these maps are getting to be something of a joke. How much faith can anyone put in them when they seem to change significantly every time they’re updated. Just yesterday they had 4-6 inches for southern Oswego County which is a stone throw from where I live. Now it’s down to <1 inch. Someone would need to be constantly checking for updates to see what the latest forecast is and how many people outside of us :weenie:s do that?

• Like 2