Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

3 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

KPOU actually had its shortest summer since 2001, as defined by the period between the last and first lows in the teens... 226 days between 19F on 3/27 and 17F on 11/9. Average is 238 and the longest on record is 297 in, you guessed it, 2012.

Cool stats, thanks!  Very interesting. 

Well the forest seems to have gone into hibernation quickly this year. Even though it was warm today it's pretty much frozen solid where I was late this afternoon. There's a bit of fast flowing open water but slow spots were iced over, puddles are blocks of ice and everything is firm and asleep. It's weird because there's usually still some signs of the summer that was but this cold snap shut that right down. No bugs is nice :) 

20191115_164801.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Well the forest seems to have gone into hibernation quickly this year. Even though it was warm today it's pretty much frozen solid where I was late this afternoon. There's a bit of fast flowing open water but slow spots were iced over, puddles are blocks of ice and everything is firm and asleep. It's weird because there's usually still some signs of the summer that was but this cold snap shut that right down. No bugs is nice :)

Sweet shot! Future REI social media ambassador?

7 hours ago, NepaJames8602 said:

Nice coating of snow this evening here on the Pocono Plateau. 

I haven't posted much lately, as I'm just settling into my new place. I just moved to the north western Pocono Plateau, in Newfoundland, Pa, Wayne county. My house sits at 2,070 feet. It's going to be an interesting winter for sure.

Snow .jpg

Good for you, I look forward to your obs from the new location 

22 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Days like this are pretty depressing. When it's heavy mist/drizzle from ~6am on and it stays at 40* or under the whole time it's just miserable to be outside. At least it's not windy too.

Agree, it's been the same here since noon. Temp is holding at 37 for the last 6 hours. Just miserable out there, I hope we at least get a coating of snow overnight as a consolation.

• Like 2