Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2019

gravitylover

5 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

What's the average high temp for around here now? It seems that my 40 this afternoon is pretty low. Another dreary day, I was hoping for some sun and a breeze to dry things out a little. Guess not...

Thanks to this I now see that the NOWdata is back online, nice.  Average high for the Walden site is 50 today with a average low of 30, the split at Carmel is 49/31

• Thanks 1

Well how'd that weather go for you today Julian? It looked like it was white for a while.

When I left home this morning to head for Syracuse I was going to head up the Taconic but as I came around the north side of my hill I could see winter about 5 miles away. When I left home it was 39 in the driveway and the north side of the hill was 37 and I could see snow falling just a bit north of me so I changed my plans and went out to Rt 17 and up 82 to stay south and west of winter. It worked. The whole way out across the river I could see winter to my north and it finally stopped looking grim around Middletown where it went to partly sunny until I got to 81 but it stayed warm (38-40) the whole time.

Just now, gravitylover said:

Well how'd that weather go for you today Julian? It looked like it was white for a while.

When I left home this morning to head for Syracuse I was going to head up the Taconic but as I came around the north side of my hill I could see winter about 5 miles away. When I left home it was 39 in the driveway and the north side of the hill was 37 and I could see snow falling just a bit north of me so I changed my plans and went out to Rt 17 and up 82 to stay south and west of winter. It worked. The whole way out across the river I could see winter to my north and it finally stopped looking grim around Middletown where it went to partly sunny until I got to 81 but it stayed warm (38-40) the whole time.

He probably picked 3-4”, he’s a snow magnet :sled:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Damn skunked again on a meteor shower. This one tonight is supposedly super rare and only lasts for 15 minutes but of course it's cloudy. Again :devilsmiley: 

The potential outburst was a bust, so no loss. Most observers reported only slightly enhanced activity vs. the ambient ZHR... even when no major meteor showers are active, you can still see 5-10 per hour on average.

• Like 1