• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring 2018

On 8/25/2018 at 11:00 AM, Jns2183 said:

My girlfriend got video of the fire starting when smoke started coming out. Saw whole trees go up in seconds and fall. Saw transformers blow. This is in New Cumberland. Fire trucks from 5-6 different stations are here I think. 34e1025408cf4a53c3bcdba1ee3f3e36.jpg

. Pro

Our company was there. I was at work. I let 2 of my guys go to help with the fire and i stayed. Way more then 5-6 Companies. In my entire career, i don't ever remember going to New Cumberland for a Fire. 1 Fireman was injured. 

Looking like Tuesday is going to be the hottest day this week, 95+?

I just thought that it would be a refreshing pic for those of us that are tired of the heat/humidity.

I'm fine w/ summer but this ungodly humidity really gets me cranky.

Fall is a great time of year and my second favorite to the obvious.

Enjoy the holiday weekend yall, and see ya sometime in September.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

No, i believe  they have AC, but  schools systems can't handle extreme heat or cold.

But why? I mean yes it's hot but for 60 percent of the country it isn't anything out of the ordinary. They need better infrastructure - and here's an idea consolidate to save money and it's easy to fix!

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

But why? I mean yes it's hot but for 60 percent of the country it isn't anything out of the ordinary. They need better infrastructure - and here's an idea consolidate to save money and it's easy to fix!

I won't disagree. Several years ago when my daughter was still in HS, i was off for my birthday and it happened to be during that cold spell and schools were closing. I went on an AFA at our Middle school. It was set off due to the big temperature difference. anyhow, a maint guy told me it cost $10,000 a day to heat some of the schools PER DAY after temp hit a certain low spot. 

13 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

LMAO go for it Mr. Sauss. I'm kinda enjoying heat ..cold brew when done working and fish at my pond.

I see Williamsport in the 3-8" range for the season. While the lower Susq. valley is getting pummeled, you'll sit at 33 and rain :facepalm:

There is definitely a beer in my near future. I have to meet a window guy and then i'm heading poolside with a 33 degree frosty adult beverage. (or 6)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

I won't disagree. Several years ago when my daughter was still in HS, i was off for my birthday and it happened to be during that cold spell and schools were closing. I went on an AFA at our Middle school. It was set off due to the big temperature difference. anyhow, a maint guy told me it cost $10,000 a day to heat some of the schools PER DAY after temp hit a certain low spot. 

Yeah, it's why schools shouldn't really start before labor day anywhere IMO. 

17 hours ago, canderson said:

Weather hounds, can you help me with Saturday's weather? Just planning ahead for the Texas football game at noon at FedEx in Landover and see rain possibilities but I'm not good as discerning percentage or timing for some reason with this event. 

Any help?

Drink 9 of these then nothing really matters

554A2974-C564-4CA6-88BD-8992AB4BA9E9.jpeg.de593a3b68c81bcd9af371f4b6f4296b.jpeg

• Like 1

@canderson it looks like some showers and to me the Landover area may get a little more in the sustained category, but I wouldnt worry too much about it.

btw, that pic was shared w/ sauss last winter prior to us getting reved up for a snowstorm.

I hope to use it often this year :).

Nut

• Thanks 1

@canderson it looks like some showers and to me the Landover area may get a little more in the sustained category, but I wouldnt worry too much about it.
btw, that pic was shared w/ sauss last winter prior to us getting reved up for a snowstorm.
I hope to use it often this year :).
Nut

Not into “yellow” beers, but if it means snow, I’ll have a case on ready.

• Like 2